ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, September 23, 2005

just an update 09.23.05

Rumi
The soul is here for its own joy.

I finished Things Fall Apart last night and later tonight, I'm hoping to open the pages of His Dark Materials. The first of the ten books I will be reading before the year end starts tonight. Or, well, I hope it starts tonight. At least I know I'm starting to work on my short term goals. I've never been so conscious about it before.

Oh yeah, when I got home last night (or early this morning, if you want to be exact about it) I started zipping for about 30 minutes non-stop. I have to get really good and familiar with the flowing motion of the zips so that I get better. I'm dying to fire zip before the year ends.

And I didn't realise how much I'm enjoying Victoria Williams' album Water to Drink. I keep listening to it everytime I wake up and I like to bounce to its groovy melodies. She's very good. I love a lot of the songs in the album. I'm not very partial to her jazzy songs. I am not that fond of guitar jazz, preferring the piano. If I want jazz, I'd rather listen to Nina Simone or Mishka Adams. But Victoria Williams' folk songs are really good. She's a damn good guitar player too.

Right now, I'm think very addled about the amount of work I'm juggling. 3 segments I'm trying to put together and trying to get organised on how to put them together and I'm getting rushed to produce, to have a product to show but I just don't see the feasibility of doing it in a not so cost effective method. I'm trying to line everything up and doing it in one go to save money but people want results and they want it now. I just feel pressured and I just want to shut down. I really just want to shut down. *sigh*

I'm also thinking about cancelling Watching Things Burn, my other site. I haven't updated it in a long while and there's so much stuff I want to put there and write about but my heart isn't in it anymore, really. I just prefer to update this site.

So, if I can't update Watching Things Burn, there isn't a need to update it anymore, right? I'll think about it a little bit more...

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, September 25, 2005, Blogger Cat Juan said...

id definitely say navel. i had my tragus done when i was in college in the states.still have it :)

if my parents left me there long enough i would have probably done other body parts that cannot be mentioned! yikes!

i'm glad to hear from your blog that you are rising from whatever pains your going through. allow yourself to grieve fully and deeply aycs and you will heal completely

much love, cat

ps: your makeup is phat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home