ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, September 09, 2005

Regret is being dissatisfied with the present

P.J. O' Rourke
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.

I can't stand those stupid shit heads who put advertisements on my comments page to their fucking services. Cat themed furniture?!?! What the hell?!?! Aren't their stupid pop-up advertisements annoying enough that they have to go to my blog, not read a single line and then post their advertisements on my comment page? These guys are getting sneaky and ruthless. On one entry of mine, I found 3 of these annoying things praising me for an awesome blog but they obviously didn't read it. All they care about is that someone who reads my blog and comment pages might click the link to their site. No respect. There's just no respect these days.

Sleeping habits are getting really bad these days. Today, I fell asleep as the sun was coming up. I was in bed by 4am but I couldn't sleep. My eyes just wouldn't stay shut; my mind kept working. Annoying!

At least I was able to have a really nice, long talk with my brother Jubal whom I haven't seen since my last trip to Bacolod (which I think was last December). We talked and talked about everything -- being single, feeling that interesting things happen in the periphery of our lives but never directly towards us, of regret and how his friend Roy had said that regret is being dissatisfied with the present (very astute observation), and so much more.

I miss my brother very much. I can't wait to see him on November when I leave for Bacolod to attend my cousin's wedding. Another family member getting married. What I hate about weddings is that I have to buy leather shoes. I am not very fond of leather shoes because I don't wear them at all. I only wear them for formal events and I don't attend very many formal events in a year. In fact, I think my cousin's wedding will be the only reason why I'll be wearing leather shoes this year! I find it a waste of my money (for me, anyway) and so it really bothers me. I'm hoping my old leather shoes are still salvage-able and that a little quick trip to the shoe repair man would help me solve my problem regarding spending for leather shoes.

I'm really a rubber shoes or sandals type of guy.

7 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

Ah that's too bad, dude. I'm enjoying the company of my brothers who came for a visit from Australia. It's the kind of thing that even if you didn't ask for anything from them to bring you, you know it'll still be good times ^_^

I love my brothers. Moreso now that they're young adults. And you look back to the days where you had stupid fights with each other. Hmm... I should write something on my blog on this, too.

One has his hair on bigass dreadlocks. Another's into metro but has a piercing on his left eyebrow. Together, we look like thugs acheing for a fight. But there'd be no one else in this world I'd be happy to take a bullet for than my sibs. ^_^

 
At 7:44 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger wanggo said...

Hey Anton!

Thanks for the visit...

Hey Ian,

I know what you mean about brothers and how time makes everything so much cooler to hang with them. I love it now that we can hang out and our age doesn't make any difference. We are all on equal ground now. I love it.

And yeah, I'll gladly take a bullet for my family. No question. :)

 
At 8:32 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger jaemark said...

dude, spam bots yun... i-on mo yung activation code for comments for your blog (nasa blogger settings siya)

 
At 12:50 AM, September 10, 2005, Blogger Jayce Cortez Jacinto said...

Tell me about it. Up until the time I tinkered around with my blog, someone was actually able to post an ad as a "comment" that was an entire blogpost long. Something about stocks or something. Sheesh.
Anyway, I've been reading your posts the past few days. Irreversible was like a shot through the head. When Pao told me I should get it, I really didn't know what to expect. The movie was shock after shock after shock. :c)

 
At 8:41 AM, September 12, 2005, Blogger sky said...

You've got a nice blog. My principal, who was a descendant of Idi Amin of Uganda, was left with an immense inventory of Nokia cellphones which you and your friends can have if you e-mail anne.swelund@nokia.com. Copy Bill Gates at bill.gates@microsoft.com and you'll get a dollar for every mail you send. Remember to copy and paste this comment to 100 bloggers within the next 5 minutes or you'll never be given a handjob for the rest of your life.

Got you there. Anyway, I've been a lurker of your blog for quite a while. Think I should make myself heard.

 
At 12:22 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

My boyfriend went to see Irreversible a few years ago in the pictures with his cousin. There were actually people who walked out of the cinema because it was that shocking!

Needless to say, my boyfriend didn't enjoy it :p

 
At 4:42 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger wanggo said...

You really did get me there, Sky! I was about to be so pissed and then the kicker came in at the very end. Thanks for the laugh...

Thanks for "lurking" around... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home