ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

road block

Aimee Mann from Save Me
Like Peter Pan or Superman
You would come to save me
C'mon and save me
If you could save me

I'm sick. All of a sudden, I can't leave my house because my head is throbbing with pain. My nose is clogged and I suffer from this horrible, horrible cough and I can't stand it. I thought it was just my chronic cough but it looks like I've grown up -- and that also means I'm no longer as strong and resistant as I used to be. I get sick now, just like everybody else. That sucks.

I'm like swimming in molasses and everything is fuzzy and it's hard to think. It's really hard to think. So I've been home since yesterday; trying to rest and get my strength back. My brother took the opportunity to watch a whole new season of South Park with him and I said "sure, why not?" Laughter is the best medicine, right? Well, I was laughing and laughing and that got me to cough more and more. I couldn't really enjoy it as much as I wanted to since the harder I laughed, the more I coughed and that sucks.

I stayed in bed and took my medicines and just read and slept. It was horrible. I haven't shaved and I look like a monster. I really look like a monster; with my hair all up and I'm wearing a day old of clothes and I have this sleepy look in my eyes and I have no strength to even smile. This is definitely a road block to constantly moving forward. This is static energy. Maybe I'll take this opportunity to write something. God this sucks. My head is throbbing right now.

At least, I've been able to finish the whole His Dark Materials trilogy. Fantastic book, really. I enjoyed every moment of it and I'm glad for having to stay home because I had nothing to do and had no strength to get up; so I just read. I finished 3 books already and have 7 more to finish before the year ends. It's good to know that I'm pushing to finish one of the year-end goals I set up for myself. I'll be reading the Steven Pressfield books next; maybe over the week end.

I really truly hate getting sick. All the wasted time just lying about trying to regain your strength. All that inactivity; it's gross. I hate it. The clogged and running nose, the head ache and the muscle pains and the joint aches. I hate this.

Someone please save me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home