ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, November 14, 2005

Merry Christmas

from my Dad
Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.

I just finished helping my brother and sister-in-law set up the Christmas tree and the Christmas lights in the house. It was great fun to do. I remember, growing up, I'd just wake up and all the Christmas decorations would be all set already or the maids would be half-way done. It was an immediate Christmas wonderland. As time went by and more and more of the family started going their separate ways, we would not be so enthusiastic putting up the decorations. After all, Christmas was about family and we were apart. But then, the help wanted to feel the spirit of Christmas and so they'd put it up anyway.

Of course, things are different now. Here, it's just my brother, his wife and me. Yeah, they've got help and all but this is our house and I'm guessing it's important to do the first set of Christmas decorations ourselves. Kristi and I set up the tree and then I put up the lights with direction from my brother. And then all three of us put the trimmings. We decided that there were too little lights. It could use more lights but we're very happy with what we've got. We played Christmas music and all of a sudden we were singing along and just smiling and getting all giddy and excited. I wanted to go out and buy Christmas gifts so I could put something under the tree for it.

I've got it now, the Christmas spirit. I want to go shopping and get gifts for people. I want to buy a nice green shirt for the holidays. I told my Dad, since we're practically going to be complete during Christmas, we should start thinking up of our menu for Christmas Eve dinner which we always celebrate. I want to just smile all the time now. I can wait for my brother to get the new lights and for me to go shopping for big candles and wreathes for the house. I want to see the tree on phase 2. Merry Christmas, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home