ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, June 02, 2006

lethargic

Willa Cather
What was any art but a mould in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself -- life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose.

The rains have come and this lethargy is taking over me. The desire to just stay home in bed is extremely strong and I find myself finding any excuse to not work. One little brown out stops me in my tracks. I'd rather wait until the current is stable before I start working or any stupid crap like that; any excuse just to not start. I don't even have the urge to pick up a book and read. I just want to lie down in bed while Dad or Datu or Kristi and not work and just lie there and enjoy nothingness -- that sweet oblivion were nothing can reach you.

But of course, I can't do that, I can't let that happen, so I got to get off my ass and start writing. At least, tomorrow, I'll be going to Punta Fuego for a zip gig and I'll be so happy to be near such a large body of water. I hope it rains its fill now and tomorrow will just be sunny days and I can get a tan.

I'm just so lethargic right now. The cold wind coming in through the windows -- I just want to grab somebody and cuddle underneath a soft comforter. Now wouldn't that be sweet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home