ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

a rush of blood in the head

David Cronenberg
We think identity is genetically given, but I believe there is creative will involved with the decision of who we are going to be.

I left for Jay's birthday party that sorta-kinda lasted for 3 days. 2 nights of fun and a day just to relax and chill and hang out, to let the weekend pass by and go home normal, rather than blundering from a night full of partying.

Well, the first night was a bust. A new friend, Nino, got drunk and insisted I take shots of wine and champagne. I was totally against it. You don't shoot wine or champagne! You taste it! You're just wasting the taste, I would shout but he was vehement. He wanted me to have as much fun as he is. So I drank. And I drank and drank some more. I got to the party at 10pm. By 1am, I was so God damned wasted, I made a really stupid case against why anyone would want to wear a tie (all it does is create an arrow to the penis!) and generally made an ass of myself. Everyone thought it was funny and okay and they said I didn't push the boundary or made fun of anyone severely. Everyone was laughing at me and with me. So no harm done. Of course, Kate and Cathy arrived at around 1:30am and I didn't even get to exchange more than 10 sentences with them before I passed out on the couch. Next thing I knew, I woke up and I was on one of the beds with someone else. Oh shit, I thought to myself, I got wasted.

The second night was fun as well and nothing untoward happened, at least. It was just a great time with great friends. Less people, more intimate. It was a great idea of Jay to invite the closer friends on the second night -- the ones he has been really spending much time with and whose company means a lot to him. It created a very intimate and personal atmosphere. It was really a treat. Had a blast.

Sunday found just the four us -- Jay, Rex, Morx and myself just chillin' out at the hotel room. We were just hanging around, filled with so much toxins that we didn't really feel like moving about. So we watched television, ordered fast food delivery and then ate without much gusto. We sat down in bed again and fell asleep and woke up to watch television. We were lying down for hours before I decided to stand up and get a glass of water. On my way out, I guess I must've stood too fast or something but the blood just rushed out of my head so quickly, I sorta lost balance, then I tripped on the carpet and ended being woken up from the floor. Rex was holding me and asking if I was okay. Wangs, what happened?

I said, what am I doing here? Wasn't I in bed? And he looked at me, incredulously. He asked me if I remembered having stood up to get water. It was vague. I was having a really vivid dream when Rex woke me up so I had thought I was just asleep but when he mentioned me getting up for water, I remembered standing up to get water. I remember filling the glass with ice and then approaching the water then darkness. I had fallen unconscious while tripping on the carpet. I remembered the head rush and the dizziness.

Then, like a movie, I was smiling and I'm sure blushing because I was really embarrassed and then Rex's eyes went wide open and he said you're bleeding! And I said, I am? And when I brushed my fingers over my forehead and looked, there was blood all over my fingers. Morx came out about this time and started shouting, Oh my God! There's so much blood! It was like a movie because I didn't feel anything. I was like, it's probably just a cut. And then Rex and Morx insisted I go to the hospital. Jay turned white.

I slowly started walking to the bathroom to inspect the damage and asked, how long was I out? And Rex said it was just moments because the moment they saw me fall over, he ran out to check on me. Strange, I said, because I had a rather long dream. That, of course, freaked everyone out some more. When I finally reached the bathroom and looked in the mirror, my face was a bloody mess! I had a gash in my nose and I think some bone could be seen and a large gash in my eyebrow that showed the skin cracked and parting. The only thing I could think of was, Shit! I'm going to need stitches! I hope they give me a really strong pain killer!

I refused to go to the hospital without brushing my teeth and changing my shirt and putting on deoderant. I wanted to take a bath but they wanted me at the hospital right away. After all, I might be suffering from a concussion or post-traumatic stress syndrome or whatever. I was just so calm, I didn't want to over-react. But they were really scared. I brushed my teeth, sprayed my Nivea Anti-perspirant/Deodorant spray and changed my shirt and was ready to leave. When I got to the hospital, I looked like a bloody mess but I refused to just sit down, I wanted to keep moving. Everyone was telling me to sit. I'm such a horrible patient.

Apparently, I didn't need stitches. If I did, it would have been just 1 for the nose and 2, at the most, for the eyebrow cut. But these could be healed by sterile strips. It wasn't that serious. So that was cool. And I had to take a CT scan and that was fun. Never had one before. The doctor wasn't scared at all because if I had internal bleeding or a concussion, I should've vommitted after my fall or when I woke up. But I didn't so there was probably no internal damage. Hey! I have a hard head! He He He

Got out of the hospital and I'm so happy because aside from the anti-biotics, I have a prescription for pain-killers! Hee Hee Not that I'm an addict or anything but the doozy feeling of walking around with your head in the air is the only thing that's fun in an injury or an infection. I don't go around buying pain-killers and taking them without doctor's approval. In fact, I hate taking any kind of pill with or without doctor's consent. But if they prescribed pain-killers, I'm so happy for it. He He He That's the addict in me, I guess! Ha Ha Ha

So here I am now, back from a super enjoyable weekend party. I've got sterile strips on my nose and on my eye brow, looking like Nelly whose stylist just went overboard and I've got this little head ache at the nose area where the pressure is building because I asked Datu to put the strip on tight so that it really closes the gash and I'm going to see what life is going to be like in the next coming days.

Exciting days are coming. I can feel it. And it has nothing to do with the bump in the head. It's just that it can't get any worse than that! Damn, carpet! He He He

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home