ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, June 13, 2005

Pacing

Stella Adler
Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.

Today, after a marathon of writing, I found myself heading towards Power Up in Pasig to go wall-climbing again. It was a wonderful feeling. I was so glad to do it. I took a long walk towards there with my friend Berna and when we got there, there were very little people. Paul was there and he was like Wanggo, you are so thin! And yeah, I have lost a lot of weight since they last saw me. After all, I was bulking up a bit because of it. I had great shoulders, a lovely back and nice arms. It's all gone now.

So we tried out the new harness and the new shoes and began climbing. We decided to do it slowly. Pacing, Berna said. We didn't want to rush it. Sure, we went hiking and trekking all the foot of Banahaw but that didn't mean anything. We always find reserve energy and strength during work (yeah, confession, when I went to Kinabuhayan Cafe, it was for work...) and we are severely out of shape. We took it slowly. On my first climb, I think I went up and just went down. It was on the succeeding climbs that I did it twice, instead of my usual 3. I had no idea how my body was going to take it.

So we did our wall-climbing thing and then walked all the way back to my place so we can shower. As Berna showered, I started doing my push-ups and crunches (which I haven't done in a while) and I was just so tired; breathing heavily and perspiration all over my body. But it was a great feeling. I was so happy. Endorphins rushing through my bloodstream again.

I hope I can maintain this. I'd love to be able to get physical again and to reclaim my old body and maybe even surpass it. There's always hope, right?

Right now, I'm back at the office working. I know it's a holiday but the deadlines don't change. We all have to adjust but I have energy and pep because of the work-out. I don't mind. There's just so much to do and so much to fit in. I have to move out tomorrow while I have meetings and pre-interviews to do. This is the only time I can really do the scripts I need for the show on Wednesday and the editing that needs to be done for the Kinabuhayan Cafe shoot which we are airing on Friday.

I don't really mind working this hard as long as I can go wall-climbing thrice a week, see my friends and catch all the movies I want to. I don't mind hard work as long as it is balanced with the things I want to do; the things I work so hard for. It's all about pacing. Finding the right time for everything, I suppose...

It can be done.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, June 14, 2005, Blogger notsquare said...

hey! same here. weekdays can be as hectic as can be, for as long as i get to climb on Fri, Sat and Sun!!! woohoo!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home