ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, June 09, 2005

of looking back and going out of town...

As texted to me by my Dad
Imagination is what makes you think you're having a wonderful time when you are only spending money...

I saw my ex today. I had these wild, violent thoughts but did not exact them. As much as it would have given me pleasure to have tried my best to make my ex squirm and create a scene and create some level of humiliation for us both (knowing I could take it and the other wouldn't be able to) but decided against it. As much as we would like to do something similar, we probably would end up just looking stupid; as my good friend Berna said. It's a good thing I walked past and I did not look back. I wanted to look back so much, just to see if my ex was also but I didn't. The image of strength was what I needed even if I had none in reality. I got a call from my good friend Anne about 10 minutes later and I was able to get it out of my system. So that' s a good thing. I was able to deal with it and move on. Other than this entry and turning it into some little anecdote amongst close friends and family, it really doesn't bother me. This is, in a way, my look back.

Tomorrow will be my first out of town trip for the whole year. Since the rains have come, a beach would be totally out of the question. The last thing one needs is to be in a beach during rainy season; especially me. A beach is best enjoyed burning under the hot sun, wearing as little clothing as necessary, cold beer in hand and shades on your eyes. This is not the season for that sort of fun. My out of town trip, this time, will be in a forest like situation in the beautiful province of Quezon, in a little town called Dolores. Amidst the lush forests, we will be at the foot of the magickal mountain of Banahaw where we can do several hikes up the mountain towards rivers, waterfalls and go swimming in bodies of fresh water (hopefully a lake or a river) which I prefer to the salt water of beaches.

It's funny for me because I had been to Quezon twice before, maybe more as a child but I can only remember one instance; the other instance I was much older. The first time was when I was 4 years old and my father had made me a character in one of his movies, Unfaithful Wife. We went to Lucban, Quezon for a few days (maybe it was a week?) and we went shooting there for the movie. I remember having a picnic in the hills that were near Lucban, going on a bike ride with Joel Torre who played my father and going on a bangka (raft) ride with Tito Joel and Tito Michael De Mesa (who played Tito Joel's best friend in the movie) so that we can go fishing. We were there for hours but if you watch the film, it was only a short part of the movie. It was merely part of a montage of happy moments for the three of us but those three sequences were the most memorable for me. Well, the picnic in the hill was a much longer scene. In fact, it was two separate sequences that I didn't realise I was shooting. I was just having fun, following what I was told to do and pretty much enjoying myself. I was a city kid and I was so impressed being surrounded by all that green.

I was much older in my return to Quezon where, this time, I went to Mauban through the kindness of the wonderful Clemente family. We went there for Holy Week vacation. In fact, that was two Holy Week's in a row that we went to. Part of the itinerary was taking an hour boat ride to an island where we spent the night. That was great fun. I got so drunk on lambanog that I became someone else. That's a hilarious story but stays with my closest friends. I became someone else to the point I refused to be called by any other name other than what I was given. It was also my first (and so far, my only) time to go skinny dipping. Much fun. I also got to walk around in a procession for Holy Week, all over the town of Mauban and ate tons and tons of fantastic seafood. It was a great way of spending Holy Week.

And now I'll be back, this time, in a different part of Quezon undergoing a different sort of trip. I can't wait...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home