ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

not a zombie

Ralph Hodgson
Some things have to be believed to be seen.

Tough shoot today. Tough, tough shoot today. We were at Intramuros, trying to get interviews from the students of Mapua Technological Institute, Lycaeum of the Philippines and Letran to discover what is the best place to have lunch. We were able to get 60 students on cam. We probably asked over thrice that number. It's exhausting.

I remember Andy Warhol said that in the future, everybody will be on television or will have that chance; even for at least 15 minutes. I think it was Andy Warhol who said so. Well, a lot of people decided not to take that opportunity this time round.

I've pretty much been on my feet the whole day. At least, this time, I have had a good amount of sleep. I'm pretty much well rested. I wasn't walking through the shoot as a zombie with a cigarette in hand and mouthing off dialogue spiels and camera directions. This time I was doing my job awake.

The human mind is amazing that way, in its ability to function even at the most strenouous of circumstances. It still amazes me how I am still able to do my job at minimal efficiency. Either that, or the work has become so routine that I can do it at minimal efficiency.

Right now, I'm just killing time waiting for my good friend Berna to finish her work so that I can go home and get some rest. Sleep and recharge so that I can once again do what needs to be done. A lot needs to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home