ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, September 02, 2005

Random Musings 9.5.2000

Guess what I found? I've been going through all my old poems. I remember, before, I used to write 2 or 3 drafts of poems a day back when I was working in La Salle. Right after I graduated, I went to work in La Salle and I was surrounded by literary people. I was constantly writing and editing literary works. I was reading voraciously. More voraciously than I'm doing now (by the way, I'm going very slowly with Atlas Shrugged not for anything but work is just all encompassing). And so I was constantly writing drafts and all these great ideas for verses. Well, some are not so great while others are just amazing.

By the way, to the person who gave me advice regarding Ayn Rand: thanks, but I'll read Atlas Shrugged and leave it at that. I don't have time for The Fountainhead like you said and while I'm going through Atlas Shrugged okay; I don't see myself reading any more Ayn Rand after this. I want to go through another Margaret Atwood. I want to read Margaret Atwood again... *sigh*

Well, before, my good friend Morx and I would find ourselves in Starbucks near La Salle and we'd both just talk about poetry or just read while smoking and drinking coffee. Then sometimes, we'd get a notebook or some tissue and start writing. This was one of them, almost 5 years ago... How interesting...

Random Musings (September 5, 2000)

It is the consecration of everything absolute when you realise how important to you how many bottles of vodka you had downed tonight and there are times when life is just the moment when you inhale from your cigarette or the wind on your face. The magic of moments is their transience… but are they truly so? You remember them, worse, you remember them for what they are… as singular experiences of emotions captured by a vision or place.

I would go beyond this moment and in taking 3 cups of cafe latte I will know truth is but a moment with friends.

3 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVS said...

That has a nice ending to it. Esoteric yet simple, very well said (or written on a notebook or some tissue).

 
At 5:37 AM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has a nice ending to it. Esoteric yet simple, very well said (or written on a notebook or some tissue).ue).

 
At 1:39 PM, September 07, 2005, Blogger Gabriel said...

you're welcome :)

i was getting worried you didn't get to read my comment which i posted relatively late on your blog :)

i really am enjoying your entries i hope you don't mind me visiting frequently :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home