ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

for lack of a hang-over

Mandalay from Don't Invent Me (written by Nicola Hitchcock and Saul Freeman)
Don't invent me
'Till you need me

I won't love another
'Till I learn

Got drunk last night. Lots of planning and preparation at the office and then my officemates went to Kalye Juan and I followed and 2 beers down and I was out. I broke my flip-flops and I wasn't even standing or walking around. I managed to break my 2 week old flip-flops from a sitting position! All my restless, frenetic energy managed to break the thong from the slipper. Suffice to say, I had a hard time walking towards a cab and walking from the cab to my home.

A lot of things were said that night. Talked about movies with people who knew the technical aspects of it and I haven't been hanging out with Jaypee as often as I'd like since our schedules are never compatible. Nice to have alternatives. Where one of my companions likes Akira Kurosawa (his favourite is Ran which I then began to relate how I taught that in class when I was teaching World Literature) and my other companion liked Wong Kar Wai and Jean Pierre Jeunet. We then began talking about their shots and their use of colour in film. It was thrilling.

I smoked too much last night and I so desperately wanted to vommit but couldn't. Lucky for me, I never have hang-overs. My body system has allowed me the strength to repair itself while I sleep so when I awake, there's no after effect from the drinking. It does show on my face but I don't have those annoying headaches people keep talking about.

Lately, I've found myself to be drinking a lot. Well, maybe not drinking a lot but I've been drinking almost every night for the past 2 weeks, give or take a couple of days. I don't know why. I won't put it towards stress since I could always just go home and dance or zips or just sleep. Maybe I'm really looking for connection again since I haven't been doing much of that since work went to fourth gear. I miss having great conversations on an easy, laid-back atmosphere. No deadlines, no time limits, no restrictions, no pressure.

I miss that. I'm looking for it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home