ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

hard day's work

Steven Pressfield from Last of the Amazons
Then may hell take me in battle before the walls of the foe, for I wish to remain above the earth for no life other than this I love.

I had to be awake by 8:30 in the morning but after taking time out to meet up with some really close friends I haven't seen in a long time, a pitcher of some very strong drink and then right after, going back to work to make sure everything, all my scripts were in order; I went home to try to sleep. By this time, it was already 3 in the morning. But I had to read a little bit more of Last of the Amazons since I was already approaching the big war. I was to read 2 chapters before going to sleep. It wasn't so. The 2nd chapter I read was the first chapter into the big war; the story of how the Amazons and their allies from the wild lands East of Athens had begun to conquer the mighty Greeks. I was hooked for another 130 pages. I went to sleep at 5 in the morning.

Woke up and had breakfast and then coffee. I drank my hot mug of coffee with a cigarette as I devoured one short chapter of the war's aftermath before going to work and getting there 20 minutes before I had to. Then it was the shoot.

At the shoot, in the studio, I was the segment producer -- meaning I was director. In a location setting; I'm fine. I know how to conduct myself. I'm quite familiar with our usual crew. In the studio, it is an entirely different set up, an entirely different crew. I was struggling. I was on my feet the whole time and to compensate for my lack of... I don't know... proper ettiquette? Proper conduct? To compensate, I showed them I knew what they were doing. They were amused by the delivery of my script by the hosts. I am hoping they were impressed by my script since I felt that it was containing wisdom and wit. Well, I'm hoping.

Now I'm dead-tired and completely spent and my lack of sleep is beginning to hit me and I know that later, I'll be going out. Berna twisted my arm to go to Government, a club I haven't gone to in a long time. Before, my friends were always there and I was always with my friends. I then decided that my friendship would be secured even if I didn't go with them and I stopped. During Government's anniversary, some people were looking for me. That's a nice thought but I had no intention of ever returning. But Berna is very good at twisting my arm. So, I made a thing of it and invited all my old group to follow and hang out with us. I'll make a night of it.

But I'm still damned tired and I might end up closing my eyes and catching a few zzz's before the meeting that should've started at 6 if I had finished at 6 (though I finished at 7). If I can get to sleep for about 20 minutes, that would revive me for sure. And maybe food as well since I failed to eat lunch (though I did have a snack).

But despite all that I feel, the exhaustion in my legs and feet, I'm happy. 4 episodes down. 4 more on Monday and then all the finishing touches next week. It would certainly make my job easier in the long run.

I trod on...

2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger i gotta go! said...

hey wanggo! just dropping by. it really amazes me that you can still find time to insert blogging in your daily activities despite your busy sked. :D

and your entries are quite substantial, to boot. unlike mine. sometimes, i don't even know if i'm making sense. :D

 
At 7:04 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger wanggo said...

Djong, it doesn't matter if you are making sense. Your blog is your personal space that you allow others to see. Do with it as you will; play and be silly or be deep and profound. There are no rules except that which extends to power of naming and definition. What you name you cannot un-name. :)

Thanks for dropping by... Thanks for the kind words. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home