ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, October 10, 2005

identifying the problems...

Sheryl Crow from Letter to God (written by Sheryl Crow and Jeff Trott)
And what if everyone is wrong?

I'm not sure but I think my tonsils are inflamed. I open my mouth to look at it in the mirror and I just see these huge red glands about to pop wide open and they are red and slimy... euw! I can't believe those things are actually in my mouth. Gross! Yuck. No way. But they are and I think they are what's causing my head aches and my occasional bouts of fever (which magickally disappear) and my cough and colds and my increased phlegm build up.

Yeah, I'm not the healthiest of puppies right now. Got my tail tucked in-between my legs and I'm whimpering a low whine.

Right now, it's a big period of waiting and hoping and crossing my fingers and just going through the motions. I'm waiting for something and I'm not sure if it is going to come or not and if it does; everything will be different.

I can't wait to go to a doctor and get his/her opinion regarding my tonsils. I want it cut out, removed forever and never have to bother with it again. If they look at it and tell me that it just needs some anti-biotics to get the swelling down, I'll be really disappointed. I want an incision; I want surgery. I want it out of my life!

Geez, all this talk about tonsils...

Moving on, I'm almost done with The Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri and it's an excellent collection of short stories. I didn't want to include it in my reading list until after the 10 books I set out for myself and yet, Berna, one of my closest friends insisted I read it and I should consider it 1 book since it technically is. I'm glad for it because it's great. I finish the last 3 short stories within and I'll be 4 books down and 6 more to go before the end of the year.

I haven't written anything yet in terms of short fiction, poetry or song but I have finished a full length script. But I'm thinking that that should not substitute for the others. I'm still going to push myself for 2 short fiction pieces, 1 poem and 1 song. Will continue working on it.

I watched a zarzuela in the weekend with my Dad and Tito Lore. We watched PETA's Ang Palasyo ni Valentin and it was okay. The script was horrible and the zarzuela had moments of pure theatrical magick; but merely moments. Some of the cast were terrific, though, especially Gigette Reyes who we came to see. She's a good friend of the family and an excellent actress and she did marvelously. The new PETA theatre is actually pretty good. It's not huge or overwhelming and, as my Dad described it, is pretty "friendly."

So that's another short term goal closed; I went to watch a play before the year ended and I'll be watching another one in the next weekend with Berna; one in CCP. So that's good.

And I'll be buying my fire zips already. I can't wait. I want them. I want to practise with them already. I am hoping that by December, I'll be good enough to perform. So I can't wait to get my own pair.

It is so much easier to do things once you've identified them for what they are -- short-term goals. I found things so much easier to accomplish once I knew exactly what I wanted and, more importantly, that I announced them in such a public place. The need/desire to get them done is really powerful when brought into the attention of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home