ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, October 07, 2005

somewhere from the left field

Fiona Apple from Better Version of Me
I might likely miss the main event
If I stop to cry in the rain again

I've just been thrown a curve ball in a good way but as usual; I wasn't ready for it. The news, coming in the form of a chat with a good friend, found me almost falling out of my seat. Everything in my heart and soul told me it was great news; to go for it and accept it and enjoy my good fortune. Then, of course, I had to start thinking again. God damn this God damned brain of mine! For once, it would be so great to be able to just turn it off. I'd do anything to be able to turn it off once in a while and just do what my instincts tell me.

I won't talk about details. I don't think it would be fair to talk about details right now. But let's just say that it's going to turn my whole life around once again. Change is good; I've always been one to talk about growth and always moving on.

I chained myself to the ground for 4 years because of how I felt for someone and because of that, I was stagnant. I stopped growing as a person. I don't want to do that again. I've said, time and time again, I'm not a sentimental person but that's the reason that's holding me back. Scary, scary...

Like I was telling my friend Berna, all these opportunities come at me when I've just settled into a comfort zone. They never came during times when I was ready to go, raring and fearless. This, I suppose, is the true test of my character or nature. Can I walk my talk? I've always been talking a tough talk about watching out for the numero uno and always about moving on. Now, let's prove it. Let's do it.

Yeah, let's do it.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Jayce Cortez Jacinto said...

There really must be something about the year, no? There's this unmistakable pattern of opportunities unfolding in front of you when you're almost totally unaware of them and then realizing that...if you screen through them, one of them could be that pivotal moment that changes everything. Go for it, Wanggo!

 
At 4:47 PM, October 09, 2005, Blogger Cholo Hidalgo Laurel said...

Strange that, as i read this entry of yours, my I pod shuffle churns out this song:

Everything must change,
nothing stays the same...
The young become the old,
and mysteries do unfold.
cause thats the way of time,
nothing and no one goes unchanged.

There are not many things in life you can be sure of,
except, rain comes from the clouds,
sun lights up the sky,
and hummingbirds do fly.

Embrace change wanggo, his arms are wide open and he offers opportunities of creating memories...great memories that make you understand why you had to embrace him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home