ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Last Flight Out

William Blake
Better to murder an infant in its cradle than to nurse unacted desire.

Over cigarettes, my officemate Evan and I were talking about the Christmas season. We were talking about our trip back to the province and how we'll be cutting everything close with the Christmas party being scheduled at the 22nd forcing me to fly on the 23rd. It was then that I realised that I haven't booked my flight yet. So quickly, I rushed to the telephone and began making calls. To my dismay, Air Philippines was all booked out. If ever, I could fly on the 25th! Horrors! My family celebrates Christmas Eve dinners together. There's no way I'm missing out on that! Quickly I began calling Cebu Pacific and while I was on hold, an automated message began telling me I could book my flights by cellphone. As I heard that same automated message repeat for the 5th time, I decided to reach out for my phone and text. One text followed another and I got a flight on the 23rd; just in time. I'll be receiving my booking confirmation tomorrow and the moment I've got free time, I'll be off to pay for the ticket and have the corporeal form of my confirmation in my hands so I can sleep better at nights until I fly.

That was horrible and one mistake I will never do again. How could I have forgotten? That was so dumb of me. When the Air Philippines booking agent told me calmly that there were no more available seats on the 23rd or the 24th, I almost cried. It will not happen again.

Close call. That was a very close call. Thank God for technology! See? Sometimes, it does make a life better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home