ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, November 25, 2005

Atlantis and El Dorado

Chantal Kreviazuk from What If It All Means Something (written by Chantal Kreviazuk and Raine Maida)
It's hard for me to know
Sometimes I feel like letting go
But what if it all means something
(I wanna know)

I turn around and I see nothing there. One is hidden and I cannot reach. The other is fluttering about, sometimes close, sometimes very far. What happens if I decide I don't need this right now. I'm about to make another life decision -- what if all this uncertainty, I decide, to just be rid of it. You may not know me, so you don't know that I deserve better than this. I deserve being on the level. How far do you expect me to go without nothing to ensure me that there will be something there when I arrive? I'm not even sure where I am going. I'm not unaccustommed to go chasing after Atlantis or El Dorado; but when I do, I do this for myself. In this occasion, I'm doing this for you. I don't even know if you're there. I could spend my time doing other things, better things for me.

This is not what I wanted. I might as well be stepping through mirrors. I guess it was my mistake for really wanting it. Well, I can wait for a little bit more. I just hope when next I turn around, something is there behind me. Something I can touch; something I know is real.

(picture taken in Boracay, 2004 by Berna)

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, November 25, 2005, Blogger Ian Rosales Casocot said...

ack! akala ko you're in dumaguete. i read the title of this post, and thought: wha--? wanggo's here? it so happens kasi, we have two beach resorts named atlantis and el dorado, side by side pa. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home