ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Gratitude

Meister Eckhart
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice.

I'm thankful for a wonderful Sunday Thanksgiving dinner with family and good family-friends. Despite what I was expecting; I had a marvelous time and allowed myself to get very drunk. We stayed later than we were expecting and we didn't even notice how quickly time had flown. I am very thankful for that evening. It's nice to know that we aren't alone and that there are people that you appreciate for being who they are and vice-versa.

I'm thankful for a wonderful Monday dinner with my family. My Dad, my sister, my brother and their wonderful spouses went to eat at Bellini's for dinner on my treat. I'm very thankful that I could treat them, no hold's barred to great food. I got a bottle of good red wine, a plate of delicious mixed appetizers and a pizza other than their order of pasta and dessert. We stayed up to talk and just enjoy each other's company. I am very thankful for that evening. I'm very happy that my family is close and that we can talk to each other and that we love each other very much and that we can afford to show it.

I'm very thankful that early this morning, I still had some friends up who could accommodate my need to just not have to think about work. I could just hang out and be silly and just laugh. I'm glad some people were still awake to allow me to just melt into the scenery and background. I'm very thankful for that. I'm happy that there are still times and places where I can be stupid.

I'm very thankful that I have good books to read and great music to enjoy. I am grateful that I am constantly inspired by everything that I see, hear, touch and feel; that all things experienced still serves to fuel my desire to be a good writer; that every hurt and moment of happiness, I can use to my advantage; that I can twist the moments to fictional situations. I will always be writing and telling stories. I am thankful for that. I am happy that, in this world, I am someone who creates.We all have something to be thankful for. Never forget to let them be known.

4 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, November 29, 2005, Blogger .: [ dizzyfreak ] :. said...

Hey! You really DO blog everyday huh... It was really nice getting to know you over Thanksgiving dinner. I'm glad you had a good time, though I'm sorry if you overstayed due to our company and your (well, most of us) inebriation. Haha. Sure you can link up to my blog. Just make it "The Think Tank" :) Keep in touch! - Jay

 
At 2:54 PM, November 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a sweet son/bro, Wangs. Having a lot to be thankful for is a reward in itself, don't you think?

 
At 7:03 AM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice quote. :)

 
At 2:31 PM, December 02, 2005, Blogger i gotta go! said...

hey wanggo! weird, i was just thinking of posting about the things i'm thankful for, but for some reason, i forgot. thanks for reminding me. :D

when you going back to zips class?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home