ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, December 02, 2005

this day has peaked early for me

Goldfrapp from Train (written by Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory)
Can't stop
Oh off the train

I had to step out of the office last night. I was up to my neck in things to do and write and think about that I just had to walk a bit and have some coffee and whatever, right? So I walked and ended up in this place called Coffee Overdose and while I was drinking my coffee, I got a text from Cebu Pacific saying that my booking can't be confirmed because the flight schedule was booked. I almost died. Really. My hair almost fell out of my head, my eyes almost popped out of my face and my bones almost turned to jelly. I would've been this disgusting mass of flesh lying on the floor of Coffee Overdose just spurting out tears in weird places. Thank God I kept everything together and called my brother. Datu has a friend who has a travel agency. They got me a morning flight to Bacolod on the 24th. Better than nothing, I guess. At least I'll be there for Christmas Eve dinner which is when my family really celebrates Christmas. That's the important thing. I still have a flight; I'll still be able to make it.

I woke up 10 minutes before I had to be somewhere; which meant I was pretty much 30 minutes late for that meeting. Thank God it was just close by. The meeting went wonderfully well. Had wonderful things to talk about and the communication was clear and ideas were just sprouting out like candy from the sky. It was sweet. Everything was working out great.

And then, I went to Glorietta to return the portfolio of a model we are featuring on our show. So I went to Glorietta to drop it off at her shop and then I decided to take a quick detour to Tower Records where, to my surprise, I found a copy of Goldfrapp's Black Cherry and Tanita Tikaram's Lovers in the City on sale. These 2 CDs I've been searching for and I got to buy them for a cheaper price than expected. I was exhilirated and happy. It was okay that Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine still hasn't arrived and neither has Cyndi Lauper's The Body Acoustic but that's okay. I can wait. I was just happy. I ended up buying 2 more CDs and while I was there, I saw an old friend Lance Salvosa. I haven't seen him for a long while and we parted ways on a weird note, I think. So we talked and caught up on lost time for a bit and then, walking towards the MRT to get to work, I met up with another old friend John Peria. We started talking and caught up on old times. It was so coincidental but it was like making me feel something. Nostalgia, maybe? I don't know. This is what I wanted; to see old friends and catch up and to remind myself that my world is much bigger than what it is. It was great to have that. I don't believe that the universe is trying to tell us things and that we make things out to be symbols for things we want it to mean; and I'm making these two chance meetings mean something: it's time to merge my past and my present and use them both to help me forge ahead and meet up with my future.

The day can't get any better and I've got a lot of work ahead so while things may not get any better, no matter how bad it gets, it's already served its purpose. So I'm thankful for that. Got a smile on my face. What more do I need?

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger ninjato said...

I was also able to get the Goldfrapp cd and I think that it is quite excellent...although i didn't see the tanita tikaram
there's actually a few more cd sales going around the metro if you are interested...check out the record bar in sm megamall, or eastwood, with their ongoing PARI sale (no it's not just local titles, there are some foreign artists as well), as for the fiona apple album, I have an insider tip that it was supposed to be scheduled locally this year, but I'm thinking the SonyBMG might release it probably early next year at the latest (i hope)unless they don't have any significant fourth quarter releases, I'm mildly optimistic since the Kate Bush cd was released locally...as for the new cyndi lauper album (which I am also waiting for), I'm guessing that that will be released early next year locally, the critic reviews have been quite good so I'm really excited about it (and of course with sarah mclachlan in it as an additional bonus as well...=))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home