ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, August 25, 2006

Once Again, A Contender

from my Dad
Time is what keep everything from happening all at once.

I've been very busy lately with work and all and today, I just got another invite to write for another show but there might be difficulties with regards to the show I am currently writing for airs in the rival network; I might not get this one. Shucks!

Lately, I've also been spending time with Berna as she prepared to leave for Cebu. And then with the Planetzips crew because I haven't been hanging with them and that's important to me. They are important to me. And I'm kinda happy that I was able to go to NMI today after my trip to ABS to get my next set of articles to write from Publishing.

I also got to hang out with Ann again and it has been a long time and once again, we had one of those fantastic conversations where we tried to dissect life and living and why things are the way they are. In doing so, we dissected ourselves and laid us bare to each other. Soul-stripping with Ann in Greenbelt. I miss that. Her mind is so sexy, you know? It really is very stimulating and she knows how to temper it with humour so it is always a joy to speak with her.

I like this, you know? The work is coming back and I feel that I'm coming back to form and I'm getting energized again. A second wind, so to speak. After everything that happened mid-year, it's good to be back in the game again as a contender.

Soon, it will be back to working like a workaholic, regularly hanging out with my friends like Cholo, Lance, Michap, the Planetzips people and Jay and the gang. Smiling comes easier again and I'm reading voraciously once again.

I'm reading Nick Joaquin's Culture and History and I'm totally fascinated with it. I hated his Woman with Two Navels but love his short stories. Very powerful stuff, his short stories, especially Summer Solstice but now, I'm reading his thoughts on Philippine culture and its history and I'm just riveted. I'm glad to be reading again and I'm getting more and more excited about writing non-fiction now.

I want to be able to tackle something that has truly happened and turn it into something beautiful and artistic. Let it not be said that it was just an experience but it was a story, that served to entertain and inform. Let it be said, that one day, I will be remembered for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home