ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, August 17, 2006

quite happy about that

Goldfrapp from Ride a White Horse (written by Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory)
Lend me a whole new world
All night
Feel life

So today my Dad arrives and I'm moving about the city doing some errands. Everything goes like clockwork considering that I woke up 2 hours late. It was all personal stuff anyway, nothing that was actually business or professional. So I'm moving about and doing my business and I'm getting a flood of ideas for films that would never be made -- only if I had shitloads of money and could afford to make films without thinking about the profit afterwards, you know? These films that would be great to make if I were in America or in some other country because there would be an audience for it. If it were really any good, it would be watched; not like here in the Philippines. It's gotta have a formula if it is to be succesful. Sad fact of life, but I have to accept it, right?

And still, everything goes clockwork. It's nice to know that I can go to NBI to get the clearance for Monica that she needs to become an Australian citizen and it took me about an hour and a half to do it and it wasn't idle waiting, which I thought it would be. I was really going all over and getting things signed and done. It was all good. At least I felt that things were moving and I wasn't waiting in line, not doing anything. During the walking around from 6th floor to 3rd floor to 4th and then 5th, I kept myself company with my thoughts and all those crazy ideas for movies kept me very much occupied. Everything went really smoothly.

Checked out some nice walking shoes in Glorietta before I discovered that I can't withdraw from a Makati branch if I opened my account in a Greenhills branch. Not until I get my ATM card which I'll be getting next week. I applied for a savings account with Banco de Oro and I swear, I'm really very, very happy with them. I feel they are taking care of me and the service is great and I just love it.

So I go to Greenhills and withdraw money there to pay for my rent and so that I have money to buy my walking shoes tomorrow which I really, really need. So I was able to accomplish much and that felt really good.

I also got a text from my dad. It was very simple and yet it was so heavy with meaning. He texted: I have good news.

No smiley face. Nothing else but that. I was ecstatic and thrilled to get that text except I told him that I only like suspense in movies and books. I can't stand it in real life. But I waited; he said that he had to tell it to me to my face. So I waited.

I got home, watched Milan for research (I hated it! There were good parts in it but it was mostly trash) and then Dad arrived home. We had dinner first with the whole family then Datu showed him his new car and I watched the first part of Rockstar Supernova. Afterwards, Dad was ready so we both went to our room, away from all the noise and distractions and he told me the good news.

And that's all I'm going to say about it.

Afterwards, we talk like we usually do and we easily shift from colleagues and co-workers to Father and Son and then to friends and then men with similar minds. It was amazing and it just keeps impressing on me how important my father is in my life.

When all was said and done, he goes to sleep and I watch Rockstar Supernova which drives me insane. It is Storm's first bad performance. I love Storm and she has become one of my favourite singers and her version of The Cars' Just What I Needed and David Bowie's Changes are my favourite songs as of the moment. I hate having to see her do a bad performance. And now Ryan is stepping up to be a real contender. He's very good. Toby is still good but I can no longer see him as the lead singer for Supernova. Lukas is beginning to bore me. He still is an amazing arranger but his performances have become redundant. He doesn't excite me anymore. Between Zayra and Patrice, I wish Zayra would stay one more week since Patrice has fallen so far out of grace for me -- though her version of My Iron Lung is still superb and absolutely fantastic. Zayra will have a fantastic solo career, even if I'm not that impressed with her original song. But I know for a fact that she is a unique performer and a fantastic singer. She will go far.

Now I'm here writing on my blog and will soon sleep to catch the elimination later in the morning. I had a very good day. I'm quite happy about that.

Kinda reminds me, actually, of arriving in Sydney on the 5th of August. Tired and horribly sad to leave Melbourne. The bus picks us up and we travel all the way to the middle of Sydney and the fantastic Swissotel. In room 1821, Glen and I put down our bags. We don't unpack since we were only staying for one night but boy! There is nothing like a 5 star hotel and a great suite to stay in, even for 1 night. I felt like a king. Huge beds and a fantastic bathroom. I love hotels, as long as it isn't too long. But most of all, I love hotel breakfast buffets. They're the best, really. The Swissotel experience was just a welcome break from the very rushed, stressful and pressure-filled Australia trip that was both lovely and depressing. All these wonderful things to see and no time to go off and explore. Of course, the 5 star hotel treatment, even for one night, was enough for me to say, hey! This is work. We got perks but we got to earn it too. It was nice to be a king for a night.

And with the good news and how things have been turning and changing lately, I can settle for that for now. I'm a happy bunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home