ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sydney

Sarah McLachlan from Elsewhere (written by Sarah McLachlan)
I love the time and in between
The calm inside me
In the space where I can breathe
I believe there is a
Distance I have wandered
To touch upon the years of
Reaching out and reaching in
Holding out holding in

I arrived in Sydney yesterday and it has been harrowing. There was the concert going on and then I had to go and do our shoot because our host has to leave the next day and my executive producer is starting to break down because of fatigue, lack of sleep and complete culture shock.

I'm starting to lose my nerves, having a hard time to make it as efficient as I can while controlling it to have at least just a few hours to myself. Sydney is so much bigger than Melbourne and I will hardly get to see any of it without some time off. Not the way I want to see it, anyway.

Sydney is so different from Melbourne. Sydney really is a city. It's huge and unbelievably urban. I saw a monorail and can't wait to ride it on Tuesday and the roads are bigger and they are a little more strict here than in Melbourne. My heart was sold to Melbourne just a few hours in the city and I was told to expect something not as charming here in Sydney and that I might not warm up to it as I did to Melbourne.

It was true, I didn't warm up to Sydney right away. It seemed to huge and intimidating and cold but now, on my second day, I'm starting to see myself fit in here, somehow. It will be a hard choice between Sydney and Melbourne but they are both definitely in the running. I like it here. Australia surprised me. It never occurred to me that I would like to live here for awhile. I thought it would be a nice place to visit, but to actually inhabit? Even for just a short while? I was quite shocked. But I like it here. I really do. Things work here. You can make it work out here.

I'm still in a dizzy, actually. So much information coming in, too much data streaming into my consciousness. I don't even know where to begin, really, but I'm sure that the moment I get home and I start telling the stories over and over again I'll really get to figure out what I would like to say about this trip.

I'm really exhausted and my feet are about to explode or fall out and while we had some sun today, the night has creeped in and it's freezing and I'm tired and I don't want to see the crew for a few hours and just disappear and be by myself but despite all that, I'm still having fun. I can't believe I'm here! I'm having a blast and I can't believe I am doing this from the strength of the work I put in and the work I have put in that has become a basis for their trust in me.

I'm still alive and I'm still down under!

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dumaan ako...
sumingit sa buhay mo..
at nag-iwan ng marka sa bawat himaymay ng iyong utak.

-- http://paurong.blogspot.com

 
At 11:56 AM, August 09, 2006, Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

*bloghopped* shink1m wuz here!

Long time, dude! You're in OZ now?!? My folks live in Brisbane. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home