ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Why I Don't Blog So Much Anymore

William Blake
Joys impregnate. Sorrows bring forth.

I don't post as often as I do and it's not because I have another blog at my multiply site. I have enough thoughts in the world to maintain 3 or 4 blogs at a time. I wish I could be paid to blog but then again, that's what you call a columnist; and I've been dying for one for the longest time but we don't always get what we want. So yeah, my unproductivity in terms of blogging has not been because I have a second one to maintain.

Far from the truth.

Work has been getting to me and it's been my life for a while. I'm still opinionated and could still yack away at other various stuff but my whole focus, right now, is getting the job done. We're at a precarious stage at the moment. Can't afford to lose my sights on the goal.

Also, I decided to try living more instead. Blogging takes about 20 minutes for me. Sitting in front of my computer with the blogger page open and then another window open either chatting with someone on-line or e-mailing or reading up on stuff in other sites, it is not an instantaneous thing. Blogging is something I do to help keep me from getting zoned out. As I'm typing this, I'm also reading some e-mails. Go figure.

But it is still 20 minutes or so of my life and so much can happen in 20 minutes. People experiences their greatest joys and deepest regrets in a matter of seconds. I could be out there doing something amazing instead of sitting in front of my computer and basking in the radiation that is supposedly coming out of the computer monitor.

Instead of blogging everyday, why not live more and then blog less. Just blog more substantial stuff and not every fluff that enters my head? There's so much more to do than record that which is happening in our lives. Let our memories of our time together be the record; that is enough. There is time enough later on to put it down into writing. Why not just enjoy the heat of the moment?

Or maybe I'm just in denial that I'm all about work again and that's the only thing on my mind as of the moment. Maybe I'm just in denial that things are becoming routinary again. But that's not true, either. Geez! I could tell you what happened to me in the weekend, but then, I'd probably get shot with what I would have to reveal. No, I'm not living a boring life. It's just a life I'd like to savour more, personally and intimately than to share it right away and turn it into some anecdote; another story in the life of...

Let's do some more living, that's what I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home