ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

rat races

Lily Tomlin
The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Been doing a lot of stuff lately, working out the kinks in the systems and now I'm going full blast on some of these new projects that I'm trying to piece together. If this works out, I'll be as busy as ever but I think I can get my life back on track, especially in terms of my finances.

I'm ready for the sacrifice. It's now or never. The year of the Rooster is said to be a very expensive year for the peaceful and passive Sheep/Goat and so I better make sure I earn enough to start a savings account. This is really important to me. It make-or-break time and I've got to make this work.

I find myself falling back into old habits and I got to stop myself. It's so easy to make the mistake of falling prey to your more primal instincts, to letting go and becoming more... I don't know the term, less ego and more id?

I haven't done anything yet but I am about to. And it scares me that I might just find myself in the same cycle from last year and that's kind of dangerous, actually. I've learned so much and grown and there's no point in going back to becoming just another rat in the rat race. We keep learning and each new lesson makes our spine straighter -- we are moving away from the bestial and more to the humane.

We got to look the part and more importantly, act the part and there is no way I am going to regress. There is no way I am going to go backwards. Gotta stay in control and hope to God that I can do this. Steel yourself, Wanggo, it's a long fall from where you are right now.

Focus on work. Be the smart rat, don't run the labyrinth, bite a hole through the ground and make your escape...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home