ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Saturday, May 28, 2005

less than a hundred percent

Michael Ignatieff
Truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.

I got sick. I got really, really sick. I couldn't get out of bed. My whole body was racked with weakness. It wasn't pain, it was more like, I couldn't get up, couldn't move. Weakness is this hollow feeling that tingles all over your arms and legs when you try to stand or reach out for something. I was dizzy everytime I move just a bit. I couldn't stand for very long, couldn't walk straight. I didn't go to work. I stayed in bed and just waited until my head stopped spinning. I would fall asleep and then wake up 3 hours later. Then try to stand and I couldn't but had to because I'm also suffering from horrible indigestion. I'd make it to the bathroom to relieve myself and my crap was all watery. It was practically liquid. Something I ate also is giving me this horrible state of indigestion which is leaving me dehydrated. I didn't eat the whole day of Friday. I just drank a lot of water to ensure I wouldn't die of dehydration. With nothing in my stomach, I would think that the indigestion would quickly leave my system but it didn't. Every 3 hours, I'd wake up and still rush to the bathroom. I'd get weaker by the moment. It was horrible.

And after 24 hours of being asleep, I just had to get up and do something. I have a volleyball game and I'm hoping I'll be strong enough to play. I don't know... am I pushing myself too far again?

But I already resigned from one of my jobs. That should give me some time to get my body back to full charge. People were right, I was spreading myself too thin. I was not being fair to all my employers. I wasn't giving them the full benefits of my services. I was burning the candle at both ends. And it wasn't fair.

I know better now. It's time to take care of me. I know I love work but I've got to take it easy. If I get sick, I won't be able to work, right? So it's time to take care of myself.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, May 30, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

I hope you feel better, Wangs. Make sure you take care of yourself. We do forget that at the most hectic times our bodies are not unbreakable machines. I think we have all been guilty of mistreating and pushing ourselves to the limit.

I miss you heaps, Wangs. I hope you don't mind, but I've linked you up in my blog. Feel free to link me up as well. In fact, it'll be an honour ^_^.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home