ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, May 12, 2005

as expected

Max Sharam from Coma
I live like I live in a coma
I smoke like an iron lung
Hide out in the dark when it's summer
I never go out in the sun

I got home, my first time in 3 days and took a long shower and listened to some of my CDs. I lay down and my eyes just closed on its own and I was fast asleep. That was about 1 in the morning. I woke up at 7 in the morning due to horrible, horrible cough and found a text from my boss saying that our sched has been moved from 10am to 6pm. I went back to sleep, disturbed by intermittent coughing and I finally relaxed enough to sleep again. I woke up at 3 in the afternoon.

I slept for over 12 hours. I think 14 and I had that grogginess that you get when you over-sleep. I stayed in bed and just switched the CD player on again. I laid there for a bit and just thought about what the hell was going on in my life. I stayed there as Merril Bainbridge kept singing that she could be my lover under the water. That was pretty kind of her to offer.

So now, I'm back at work and there is a sluggishness to me. It's inertia, holding me back. I was at a state of rest and I want to remain in that state of rest except there is a stronger force that is pushing me towards motion. That force is called work. And I answer that call willingly and with much haste.

Right now, I find myself in a quandary. It is work that will save me from a lot of my problems right now but it is also work that is killing me. How lovely is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home