ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, May 23, 2005

the weekend

From a chat session with my friend, Charles
True pleasure is always mutual in its execution and performance...

It's been a long time since I've spent a weekend as a weekend. Not true, though, since I still worked on Saturday night, but I did things as weekends should be. Saturday morning found me playing volleyball and losing (as I've said) and then I spent the afternoon just wasting time away. I went home after and read a bit, slept a little and then woke up to go to work. After dinner, I went to a club that I used to frequent in my days of going out and working.

We started at around 11 in the evening and finished work at about 2am. We were shooting a segment for MTV which involved asking the people in the club to request a video. I got some of my friends to help me out reach my quota and make the job faster. Without a budget, we couldn't feed the crew and I didn't want them to stay very long. Afterwards, I went back to the office where I had left my cell phone and then dropped off the tapes and then ran back to the club were I had a nice long talk with a good friend I hadn't seen in a long time. We caught up and discovered what had happened to each other since we've been pretty absent in each other's lives except through the occasional text message displaying our continued interest in each other's day-to-day affairs.

Then my other friends arrived, picked me up and we went to another club where I realised it had been a month or so since I last went dancing. I decided to let loose and move my feet to the beat. I was a crazy whirlwind of feet movement and smiles. I was just so happy to be dancing again. We left the club and it was already morning. We stopped by a McDonald's and had our breakfast meal. We then went home and slept.

When I woke up, it was the middle of Sunday; 3pm in the afternoon. My friends and I decided to watch 2 movies. So I took a shower, dressed up and, without eating in fear of being late for the movie (which was at 5:10) took the mrt to Glorietta. My friends and I watched Bikini Open by the amazingly clever Jeffrey Jetturian which I enjoyed immensely. We then had dinner at Kitchen in Greenbelt. I had not eaten in Kitchen in a long time and I really missed the food there. It was enjoyable.

We then watched Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith which I did not like. Nope, I didn't like it at all. It was irrelevant, in my opinion. But it was just great to be watching a film in a movie theatre again with my friends. After the film, we walked out and took a leisure stroll around Greenbelt until we separated. But Jaypee, Marq and I decided to go to Jaypee's house to watch one more film. I watch Mike Leigh's All or Nothing which was very good, if not heavy. I then fell asleep and woke up in time to make my appointments for the day.

I decided not to do work on Sunday like I had planned. And it is good to actually feel like a human again. It's been a while; I guess I've been feeling like a machine that past few days. It is important, I suppose, to take the weekends seriously. To recharge, to become whole again because you lose parts of yourself when you work so hard and have to deal with the everyday.

And so, yes, it is good to be human again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home