ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, September 02, 2005

Elation

Kobayashi Issa
Beautiful, seen through holes
Made in a paper screen:
The Milky Way

Bless Bjork and her creative soul. I went to Music One today and found a new album by her. Music from Matthew Barney's Drawing Restraint 9 from Bjork caught my eye immediately on the shelf. The picture of the strange Japanese clown-like figure with Sadako like hair (except it's not washed) carrying a tube shocked me into happiness. In big, quite elaborate font was her name -- Bjork.

I was elated. The music is so characteristically Bjork, post-Homogenic. Much like Vespertine and Medulla, the songs in this album seem very quiet and very unstructured. Of course, I'm still listening to the album right now and have only heard 4 songs...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help myself, I just wanted to share my happiness in buying a 2nd Bjork album in this year! I'm elated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home