ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, February 24, 2006

Happy with Comfort of Strangers

from Gosford Park (written by Julian Fellowes)
I believe in love. Not just getting it, but giving it. I think if you're able to love someone, even if they don't know it, even if they can't love you back, then it's worth it.

I spent most of the day in the studio watching my Dad put in sound and music into the short film we did together. I was watching and learning how when to put too much or when to put too little and how sound can manipulate your mind into making the world more real. The added sound effects creates a very 3-dimensional world, creates a space outside the visual you see on screen. The world of the movie doesn't end at the frame but continues on with the proper usage of sound. I also saw how music allows us to tell the story on an emotional level. It makes things unseen, like emotions, more accessible to the audience. I learned that today. I'm so amazed at the whole process.
I'm really happy today. Other than seeing my short film get completed, piece by piece, I went to Music One today since I was in Greenbelt earlier than I had to be for a meeting and found that they were carrying Beth Orton's Comfort of Strangers and I'm just so in love with the song Conceived and I'm listening to it right now on repeat. I'm surprised that EMI would be willing to release Beth Orton here and Sony BMG isn't that keen on releasing Fiona Apple and Capitol Records is not open to releasing Liz Phair. Oh well! But I'm happy. It's really great music and I'm just in total musical bliss as well.
At the same time, I went to Greenbelt because I had a creative meeting with people of like minds who, during the time we were meeting was able to sustain my passion for the proposed project through-and-through. We were there throwing around ideas and really making the necessary moves to get the project done. I won't talk about it openly here but it's something I'll be very proud of if we can get it done. All that energy was not wasted and great ideas were presented and decisions were made and a time-table is set and I'm just excited. Another writing, creative pursuit I believe in and it's with people who are just as hungry to get something their proud of done and done well. It's a chance to make a difference and we all want it. To want to institute change, one needs to have confidence, a certain belief in what they can do and what they can contribute. To embark on a creative activity, one must be filled with the passion of life, a passion to express one's view of it so openly that it can be interpreted in so many ways and yet they all hold truth.

I feel that and I'm so happy to be able to. I'm energized. It couldn't have been a better day.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, February 24, 2006, Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

just checking out your new posts. good going. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home