ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

a walk in the night

texted to me by my Dad
Love has more to do with letting go than with holding on.

Got so stir-crazy yesterday I took a shower at around midnight and then took a walk to Citibank to pay my credit card bill. It was a good 20 or 30-minute walk. It was a great, long distance and I was just breathing in the night air and enjoying the very brief, occasional noise of a passing car. Afterwards, I got some ice tea and donuts from Mister Donut in Greenhills and then walked to a convenience store to get stuff for the house. I just needed to stretch my legs, see some activity and the presence of other existing life outside of my home.

I was hoping to go out to a mall or something today but I went to sleep at 10:30am after watching Hackers and then Harry Potter 4: The Goblet of Fire. I also began writing fiction again which is always a good thing. It's a pretty good start and I'm excited of what I'll end up with. Tomorrow, I've got actual work coming up so that's a good thing, that's going to get me off my ass and see the world again.

I'm enjoying my freedom a little too much. Work hasn't suffered yet, I'm still writing a lot and will be meeting up with people soon but I really can't wait to see the production of all this writing. It's one thing to be home and finishing all the stuff you need written, see it end and then sending it by e-mail and actually seeing the real finished product -- be it a film, a jingle, a play or a brochure.

I think I need that kind of wake up call. Well, right now, I don't know what I need because I don't need much. I'm quite happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home