ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, February 13, 2006

not bitter

Boa from Duvet (lyrics by Jasmine Rodgers, Music by Boa)
And you know what they say might hurt you
And you know that it means so much
And you don't even feel a thing

This is just the stereo-typical, required Valentine's post being the day before Valentine's.

Why the hell do I need a date on Valentine's when I've got emotional and intellectual stimulation from my friends and family? Physical intimacy? It's over-rated. Sex is only necessary if the sex is good. Let me tell you, there are very few things that's worse than bad sex, and death isn't even one of them. I've decided to stay away from the possibility of bad sex and have actually been celibate for quite a long while now -- not my usual capacity but then again, I've abstained from sex for 3 and a half years before. If I could have done it then, I can do it now and with better conviction, I'm guessing.

I'm open to the possibilities of romance and whatever -- but not because I feel obliged to because of Valentine's. It's a sweet holiday and all (it's still a work day, though) but it's really a niche market thing -- it doesn't apply to everyone - not like Christmas or the New Year.

So, like I said, who needs Valentine's Day when I've got great friends like these...


(picture taken by Berna, me and Fay posing. This was in Cena on January 13, 2006. We had 5 pitchers of frozen Zombie that night!)


(same night, Lyra wanted one too. That's Eyron's hand trying to make the pic more artsy...)

(Berna decides to join Fay and I on the picture. Same night. Lotsa fun!)

So, tell me? What does a relationship promise that I don't get from friends? I can't think of any except sex... and well, I never have sex with friends. And it's over-rated anyway...

1 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger ninjato said...

Valentine's Day is indeed overrated, my female officemates would kid me about buying them flowers near where we work, I'd always tell them I had a blowtorch in hand if they ever needed it, heheh...pretty cool that you listen to Boa, it made me listen to the album again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home