ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, June 15, 2006

getting desperate, getting angry

Fiona Apple from Better Version of Me (written by Fiona Apple)
Oh, after all the folderol
And hauling over coals stops
What will I do?

I find myself getting more and more desperate here as people still refuse to pay up and my finances are dwindling down and I'm wondering where the hell am I suppose to get the money to pay for things? Whine, whine, bitch, complain and moan. It's the song of the day, it's the song that's on the top of the charts. I'm getting really tired of it, you know?

One big time ad agency owes me 20k for something that is already said and done, used up and thrown out and probably will never once again see the light of day. Oh, you know what's worse? This same big time ad agency handling super big clients and all still owes a recording/sound studio over 1.5 million pesos from work that was done since the start of the year. I know a lot of models and photographers who still have payments pending from this big time ad agency that has affiliates all over the world, main office somewhere in the United States of America. How the hell can they have the gall to green light a project if they can't even pay on time. It's not like they don't have the money since the client has already paid them. What is their excuse? I have no idea and it can be shot down at every syllable, because work was done, you pay up.

My former company also is screwing with me, not giving me my paycheck for the hours I put in for them when I was there. The lady at the finance department suffered a miscarriage and wasn't able to handle my accounting. So they are passing it over to somebody else now to take charge of it and I'll be expecting the check next week. That's if I'm not in the streets, assholes! Well, fine, I should be sad for the girl and I am. No one has to lose a child in such a manner. And there's no way I'll be on the streets next week. But this is the second employee in 2 months to have a miscarriage in that office. I wonder how the hell do they think they can get away with treating their employees this way? Fucking bastards!!!

And I have a client who demands speed and haste, receives the script for comments and disappears for 3 weeks and all of a sudden comes back with all her comments and expects us to just sit up and work on it as if we don't have other things to do. Wanna hear the punch line? During pre-prod she kept saying that I don't want this to be like any other corporate AVP, I want this like a commercial, hip, young, casual and informal. That's what she said. After disappearing for 3 weeks without any feedback, no mention of the changes in schedule, she returns, saying her major comment is that she wants it to come out more formal. Now what do you say to that? What a fucking bitch!

Today I was asked to go to a final casting. I got the call at 1:30pm. I was suppose to be at the final casting at 2pm. Now isn't that great? Yeah, like I sit at home and wait by the phone for you to ring. What bastards!

I swear to God I'm really losing my patience. My Dad told me to wait, be patient, something's gonna give and I've been waiting and I'm really losing hope. Nothing is giving, Dad. I'm getting poorer and poorer and I'm living from hand to mouth and it's not funny and it's not what I was expecting to be doing at 27. I'm seriously thinking of giving up the great bohemian dream and really just swallowing my pride and taking a fucking day job and just be one of the herd.

Sorry, very judgemental of me. There's nothing wrong with having a regular job. It's just not for me. Taking one will make me extremely unhappy. I've done it, it's happened -- it was a very ugly sight. I don't know how long I have to wait. I'm just working and working and working and no one seems to care. Well (insert fucking client's name here) or (insert big time agency's name here) or (insert former employer's name here) don't seem to care enough to pay. They cared enough when they needed something from me but now that they got it, it seems, they can take whatever God damned time they want to pay me. It's just not fair.

And you know what is more unfair? The fact that I'm probably not going to be around when karma bites them in the butt. I'd love to see them get ruined for the way they treat people -- but I'll probably never get to see it. I'm never that lucky.

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Cat Juan said...

omg. i know the feeling. are there managers or agents for directors, producers, script writers, etc.? if it weren't for my agent, i would have been screwed over more often than not. would not hurt to do some research on getting a managing lawyer, and having everything in black and white. hth :)

 
At 4:55 AM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

wanggs, this too shall pass. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home