ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, April 25, 2005

S.N.A.F.U.

Beth Orton from Concrete Sky (written by Beth Orton and Johnny Marr)
And there's a concrete sky
Falling from the trees again
And you know why it's not coming round too soon
It's harder than a heartbreak too
It's tough enough what love will do

My good friend and colleague here at the office just let out a shout and walked off and went home. She was off all day but not one to leave prematurely. No matter how bad the day gets, she is always efficient and professional. Something else must've gone wrong in the office.

I've been here for 6 months and I still haven't been requested for a computer. Some new writers have arrived and they already have their terminals and I'm still squatting around other people's machines and working at off hours just to be able to make my deadlines. One of the reasons why I choose to work at night. No one to compete against in terms of computer use and without distractions, I tend to work faster.

Now, it just won't work. With new systems and organizational structures being put up, somethings must be done at a particular time -- for efficiency's sake. So now, I need a computer and they are going to make the request only now.

My fault, I guess for not being more assertive. I was hoping that the consideration of others would make up for what I lack in assertiveness. I guess I was wrong.

And now, I'm trying to attach a file into my yahoo mail and it's been attaching for the past 10 minutes. The file is barely 20k. It just refuses to attach itself. The web page just keeps attaching and attaching and refuses to get attached.

This is just getting to be a frustrating day. I remember this movie where these soldiers are on their way to a mission and all of a sudden, things go awry. One soldier shouts SNAFU. What's SNAFU asks the civilian who is with them. The soldiers reply, in chorus: Situation normal -- all fucked up.

Today is just one big SNAFU and I'm going nuts. I'm really going nuts. There's just not enough cigarettes in the world to de-stress me from this situation.

Post Script
Mr/Ms Anonymous who commented on my last entry, thank you for letting me know I still have accounting to settle with Press. It's been a while since I last wrote for them. I didn't think there was still anything to collect. I'll call them up tomorrow. Gracias!

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, April 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's mr. no problem. :) hope it helped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home