ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

things you do before the storm comes

Lisa Marie Presley from Nobody Noticed It (written by Lisa Marie Presley & Cliff Magnes)
You're still lovely
You were lovely then
All that you had to endure
I guess nobody noticed it

Yesterday was a holiday that found me in the empty streets of Makati walking towards work. Despite the fact that I could've spent the day by the pool side at my condo, I was actually pretty happy to be doing some work, escaping the usual traffic (both human and vehicular) and getting things done. If I didn't have this side-project AVP to do, I'd probably have gone to the office here at GMA and did some more work. I wouldn't have known what to do with my time considering I already did some form of relaxing on Sunday.

I started moving out. I brought out a shelf full of books and 5 boxes full of stuff like more books, folders with some documents, all my photo-copied stuff from college and the like. In a couple of days, it would be final and there will be a hiatus in the "independent portion" of my life.

After work yesterday, my friend Maik was at Greenbelt, merely walking distance from where I was doing my editing. So I followed and joined him for coffee, some shopping (he shopped, I was merely company) and then smoked a whole lot of cigarettes. We must've spent 2 to 3 hours talking. It was wonderful.

Maik is one of my close friends, within my circle but mostly, we've really just hung out. I never really had a good opportunity to sit down with Maik and talk. Outside of the club scene, outside the hilarity of being with the whole group and drinking or whatnots, I really got a chance to spend time with him and get to know him. I really love this sort of connection.

We were just talking about everything and since Maik and I are batchmates from college but from different courses and we hung out with different crowds, we were always at the periphery of each other. We kind of know the same people but he knows certain people well that I only hear about and vice-versa. It was fun completing each other's stories and the missing parts. This kind of interaction you really can't get in a club. It's too noisy and there's too many people.

But soon, things will be on their way. I can feel motion within the air; reality is shifting, something stirs and I know there will be a great surge of energy and haste coming up. I know that this relaxing, laid back air will not stay for long. I feel like I'm going to be working my ass off pretty soon. I feel that the work I'm doing for this AVP is going to get around. I've received calls from people, asking me to do work for them, freelance stuff. All these opportunities are coming in. It's going to be a hella lot of stuff to do but I accept it, I embrace it. It's what I wanted.

I want it to happen but I know that things will change. Everything will change. And that's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home