ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

decent to slumber

Jeff Long from The Decent
Ike had vowed to keep his choices black and white. Stick to your code. Stray, and you died. If you couldn't decide a matter in 3 seconds, it was too complicated.

It's been a while since I've been able to get a good night's sleep in my own bed. Been living here in the office since Sunday evening so going home before the sun rises to sleep on my own bed is a welcome change. I can't wait.

I've been learning from my mistakes and trying my best to make sure they don't happen again. At the same time, I'm trying to push myself to do things in a different way. Try to explore more creative ways to do my job. Despite the fact that I'm burned out, I still want to push the envelope more. People do this. So many people do this and they've been doing it for years. I've been to spoiled by the freedom I abused -- when things got too tough, I stood up and left. I would just quit. I don't want to do that here. Not now and not with this show. Not with these people and not from this company.

Right now, when things started to seem bleak, 2 side jobs came up that will save me from absolute poverty. I hope they pay on time. It will be fun. I don't get to write for many live events and this will help build a resume, chuck it up to my experience and really just grow from all of this.

The money will be nice too.

What I can't wait for, though, is for my zips to come so that I can start practicing at home. I also want to get paid so that I can buy 2 new CDs. I was given the new Viktoria CD Here to Stay and it is good. Nice new arrangements and non-pretensious singing. It's just lovely melodies being sung in a heartfelt way. It's great. And I got to see her perform live when we shot her for the show. She's good. I got my CDs signed.

So I am tired. Smiling is painfully hard but at least I'm happy. The end of the day has come and things are good; things are all right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home