ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, August 11, 2005

nothing special, just an update 8.11.05

Malcolm Forbes
You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

After two days of some unexplained Euphoria, coupled with intense work due to my covering an event that had no people in it and I had to find a way to make the event full and exciting, I wake up early today to dark grey clouds hanging over the city, preparing to give us a much needed washing.

I decide to take my time by watching a Japanese movie Casshern and then having lunch with my family. The movie was okay. It had an amazing visual look but, with my general opinion with most Japanese films, it wasn't very subtle with regards to its theme and the story draws itself out too much when it could be more effective being more direct; more quick. I can just imagine what kind of movie would be made, if for example, someone like Peter Jackson was working side-by-side with a team of Japanese designers and animators. Oh wow! Now that would be something else. But nevertheless, despite my disappointment, I did enjoy myself, absorbed by the amazing effects and the gorgeous ending song. I wonder if that was a Utada Hikaru song. I don't know, but it was a great song, whatever it is.

I find myself broke several days before payday and it will be a gruelling several days; I swear. It would be great to have money this coming weekend but, nope, there were things I had to pay for and unnecessary expenses that certainly did the trick and served the purpose to which they were used for; but could have done without in the grand scheme of things. But it's done and we move on. It's just that I can't believe I'm broke again. Ugh! Major ugh!

There hasn't been any really good movie for the American summer flicks that arrived other than Batman Begins and War of the Worlds. That's kind of depressing, since I didn't overly enjoy Sin City or Fantastic Four. I am anxiously waiting for the next Harry Potter movie since the trailer looks good and it seems to be following from the third's mood and feel rather than the first two which I abhored. It looks like a good movie to watch with my friends, anyhow.

And lots and lots of CDs coming this year that I can't wait to get. Sheryl Crow, Mandy Moore, Nelly Furtado and Madonna are all coming out with new albums this year. Forever have I been waiting for Kate Bush but there are rumours it's pretty much done and ready to be released this year. And Fiona Apple is re-working Extraordinary Machine for release which is something I can't wait for. And I heard a new song which I can't get out of my head, Holly Palmer's Just So You Know which is bouncy and infectious. I love the song. I swear, when my credit card comes, I'm going to order it because I just have to have that song on command.

Things have settled and I'm sure that's going to change pretty soon by while things are the way they are, I'm going to enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home