ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, September 05, 2005

great weekend

Robin Williams
You're given only a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it.

I slept the whole day of Saturday. Friday was unbelievably stressful. It was the culmination of 3 days of straight brainstorming. I was going nuts. I was out of ideas and I was trying to throw them in the air; hoping someone could make use of them, turn it, change it and make it into something that we could use. I was just so out of it.

And then, my segment didn't air that night because the files got corrupted somehow and so while we finished late (but basically, we could have made it), the computer couldn't render the files fit for airing because somehow the files got corrupted. And so I wasn't able to show one of my more compelling segments. I felt so bad, I got drunk. I got really drunk that night and went home on Saturday morning with the sun slowly rising.

I woke up in time for a delicious lamb chop dinner cooked lovingly by my brother. He also invented this unbelievably tasty salad with cherry tomatoes, 3 kinds of mushrooms and clams. Wow! The taste was very strong and the texture was quite chewy but occasionally, you'd get a cherry tomato in your mouth and it would just pop and the juices would fill your palate and it would just surprise you. Delicious!

Afterwards, I went out with my good friends Berna and Anne. We watched a movie and then had drinks. We went to Saguijo for some rock music and I rocked to the music of Giniling Festival (they were really good) and we took a look at I Love You Store on top but the stuff were mostly for girls. After a while, we were not quite as prepared as we thought we were for Saguijo so off we went to Embassy to go dancing.

Bigfish had invited Serge Devant from New York to spin and he laid down the most dance-able set ever. We were dancing away all our stress; after all, Berna works with me so she was stressed out as I was and Anne has been working non-stop for the past 3 months as well. We all needed. Serge Devant was amazing. He didn't just spin music; there was a performance quality to the way he worked that turntable. He would dance, tease, watch the audience and play with the volume so people were driven crazy with the desire to move. And he would work the music, lay of an up tempo beat for a couple of minutes to get people into a groove then he'd dip it and we would wait for it before he'd set it up to peak and then go crazy into wild tribal beats. Suffice to say, I danced my heart out that night.

Sunday found me going to Valle to take zipping lessons with a friend, Paulino, who is an absolutely great zipper and, I discovered, a good teacher. In 2 hours, I managed to learn 4 turns and now I'm excited for zipping. Modesty aside, I was learning pretty quickly and I joked saying I was a natural zipper. I wish that were so. It is so much fun and I didn't realise how much you perspire and what a work out it could be. I can't wait to learn more moves and to start incorporating my dancing to it. I also can't wait for the day I start dancing with fire. That's my true goal.

I watched movies with my brother that night and practiced a bit more so that it becomes reflex and I went to sleep.

In short, I had a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home