ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

Alexander Pope
Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

I'm enjoying the Christmas spirit. All of a sudden, I'm just filled with joy. I love it. I'm having a ball.

My family is in Bacolod and they're just waiting for me to arrive so that I can complete the circle. They text (or call) to let me know what has been forgotten and ask if I can bring it. Yes, it's true, I complain and whine a lot about it. It has made the last few days unbearably hectic and stressful, but deep down inside, I'm happy that I can do this for them. I'm happy that I'm juggling all of this -- family requests, things I have to do at work, things I am doing on the side and still trying my best to meet up with as many as my friends as I could during the Christmas rush. I'm happy that I can be of service to my family. They've been on my mind a lot, really, and I can't help but be happy that we are going to be together this Christmas. Again. And with extra numbers. The two new babies that came last year will be having their second Christmas, but really, it will be their first as conscious beings being 1 year old and all. How lovely. How utterly lovely!

I've been getting really wonderful presents from everyone and I feel so bad that I haven't been able to get anyone anything. I have been spending a lot of my time doing things for work, for the family and obligations. I've only been able to buy presents for my exchange gifts. That's it. I plan to make that up after the new year. Instead of giving Christmas gifts, I'd rather give them a gift in the new year with which to celebrate our love and friendship and cheering it on through the coming days.

We had the office Christmas party yesterday and it was a blast! I had so much fun, it was unbelievable. I didn't look like a goat, though. My horns came out looking like demented bunny ears (I said I was no craftsman!) and the faux fur that I pieced together made me look like a Shitzu that exploded. I'll post the pictures next year when I can compile them from the office. But who cares? I was not gunning for a prize. I was there to enjoy everyone's company and I did that somehow. I met a lot of my new co-workers and that's the important part and we were able to celebrate the ending of another year. Bring it on 2006. We're ready.

Once again, I danced the night away.

But now, I won't have to think of work until I get back. Bacolod first, Boracay next. Unwind, recharge, explode. At this point in time, life doesn't really get any better than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home