ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, December 15, 2005

taking stock of things to do

Slovo from Whisper (written by Dave Randall)
It seems that time has returned to me once more
But I have less now than before

Slowly, I'm getting things done. I've sorta-kinda screwed up my end of the year list but it did help me accomplish a lot. I am on my tenth book, having finished 9 books in the 3 months that I gave myself. I'm reading my last book -- The Life of Python (thanks for lending it to me Jaemark) so at least I know I'll finish one of the things in my list of year end goals.

I went on one date and that better than none. 1 out of 2 dates that I set out for myself is pretty good, right? I haven't made a new friend yet; but then there is always the holiday season. I'll be going to Boracay for New Year's Eve (which is one of my plans) and I might make a new friend there, right?

I've been dancing with fire during zips class, so that sort of takes care of that problem.

I've been writing a lot of film treatments and synopsis recently. I know that it doesn't count for the 2 short stories, 1 poem and 1 song that I set out for myself but then, there's still 3 weeks before the year ends. I might be able to sneak in 1 poem and 1 short story. I've got dozens brewing in my head and all I need is the time to do it.

Maybe the time is now, huh? I'll be having a week off, really and I'm going to take the opportunity to write as much as I can.

The year is ending and it couldn't be ending at a better note. I'm still a little down over my... well, problem that I can't talk about but soon, everything is going to be beter. It's a waiting out period that really needs patience and resilience. And I've said, time and time again, that I'm made of tougher stuff. I can do this. I can do this! I summon up the picture of me back in Halloween of 2004, taken by Anne. It's time to get the soldier pose up and get ready to take the last few days of this year by the horns and wrestle it to the ground. Start the new year right. Have no loose ends; have nothing left over to do. Let it all start from the beginning! I can do this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home