ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, December 16, 2005

Session Road

Dorianne Laux from This Close
What I want
I simply reach out and take, no delicacy now,
The dark human bread I eat by the handful
By greedy handful.


I haven't been to Baguio in almost a year; no, scratch that, in over a year. The last time I was there was for work also. I was working on a segment for the show TXTube and I featured our lovely, lovely host Cathy Bordalba shopping at the Ukay-ukay. I was able to buy a really cool bag which I love. I use it for work all the time and everyone mentions how cool it looks. I tell them it only cost me P120 and they all go nuts. Ukay-ukay in Baguio, I tell them. They give me a sly smile; like I really know my stuff.

Now I find myself in the busy streets of Session Road, having slept (and snored) throughout the whole trip up (poor crew!) and I'm amazed at the mass of people. A local told me that the fashionistas of Manila are nothing compared to the people of Baguio, especially during the really cold moments. Here, they have actual fashion varieties -- scarves, trench coats, fur; the cold weather is perfect for it. It is true. The home of the original Ukay-ukay, everyone here is within reach for really nice, inexpensive clothes. All you have to do is have a sense of style to match it.

The cold weather is biting. I'm a little freaked out about it. I was never one to deal with the cold weather well but hey! I love it. I'm done with what I have to do here with work so I've paid for a hotel room and now I'm going to go solo. I've already agreed to meet my Tita for lunch tomorrow and I'm going to explore this world, on my own and with an open mind! I'm excited. This is something so not like me and this beats everything I've planned for myself. I've been wanting to do this and never had the guts to push through with it. I'm extremely happy now. I'm filled with excitement. Even if I don't end up doing much, I'm still going to have a blast for sure. This is it. I'm in Session Road.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, December 17, 2005, Blogger andrew dr!lon said...

merry xmas, wanggo! :D

 
At 1:46 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger i gotta go! said...

ang sarap mag-travel mag-isa, no? :) very liberating, and you're not accountable to anyone. you can do anything as you please. i did that last month in vigan. fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home