ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

4 days `til Christmas

Jeanette Winterson from Art and Lies
Protection always involves some sort of loss.

I've picked up Jeanette Winterson's Art and Lies to start off my reading. I'm hoping to bring it with me to the province that way I have something to read during any free time I'll find myself with. It's really well written and I've read 2 books by Jeanette Winterson already and I like her. She's fueled with passion. She's amazing.

It's 3 days before I leave for Bacolod and slowly, things are getting done. I just finished my last segment for the year so, right now, work is done and over. I can concentrate now on just the extra-curricular. I'm also excited. I just got my glow sticks which I can attach to my zips. It's going to look so good when I practise. I'm hoping to use it on Boracay -- the beach, night-time, party atmosphere and trance music -- it will be on full effect.

Watched King Kong by Peter Jackson. Good movie but about 30 minutes too long. The whole Jamie Bell character wasn't needed. If you remove him, nothing changes in the story. For someone who was able to condense The Lord of the Rings Trilogy into that gorgeous three-part film so well; how could he have gone a bit overboard with this? But I don't care. Kong himself was amazing and, of course, so was Naomi Watts. Fantastic actress. Completely under-rated and under-used. I can't wait to see her receive her Oscar.

Soon, it'll all be over. In a flash, just like that, the holiday season is over and we've got to start again in a new year. So let's remember to cherish every moment we've got starting now until the last second of 2005, okay? Cherish it and smile.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, December 23, 2005, Blogger Zane Ronquillo said...

winterson rocks. um...have you read her Sexing the Cherry (it's my fave)? would love to hear what you think about it (ngeee =D ).

have a happy christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home