ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Warmth of December

Elton John from Rocketman (written by Bernie Taupin and Elton John)
And I think it's going to be a long, long time
'Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuse out there alone

I'm surrounded by people that I love. I am surrounded by people who love me. Christmas has come and I've never been happier. Good food, good company, good humour and lots and lots of loving.

I enjoy watching my nephews and nieces rip apart the wrapper from their gifts and their wide eyed faces at the sight of their new toys and books and clothes. I can now imagine what I must've been like every Christmas, opening presents and going nuts over excitement with my new toys.

I didn't get much this year, having opened my Manila-got gifts in Manila already. I only have one Bacolod-got gift and it was from my grandmother. It was a point of much laughter between my sister and I but I don't really mind. It's not about the gifts anymore, but being with people you really love and just drowning in their love. I was drowning in it and I was happy, taking in more and more.

I'm getting rest, finally and enjoying writing here. Going to Boracay soon and that's going to be fun. Merry Christmas, y'all. I hope you all get what you want because I know I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home