ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, January 23, 2006

different hats

Baby Stewie
I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know? A little pestilence here and a plague there. Omnipotence! Got to get me some of that!

Last night, I insisted that my brother and I watch a DVD together since we haven't done so in such a long time. I tried to get Kristi to join us but she still had work to finish off. So, just Datu and I, we watched Batman Begins again. We both really, really love that film. It's so amazing. Afterwards, we both lit our respective cigarettes at the balcony and talked a bit before retiring for bed at around 12 midnight. It was an early night for the both of us. We both had to wake up early. Lucky me, I was able to sleep right away (for once!) and I got to wake up at 8am to drive my Dad to the bank and then get to work by 11am. At the office, I began to check up on my edit and then I started making a list of the different shots I needed for my future segments. Then, I took an extended lunch break (exceeded by an hour) to go to Makati to fix something up there and did some necessary grocery shopping for the house (since I pretty much supply the coffee at home) but when I found that Rustan's did not have the main thing I was looking for (the coffee), I decided to put everything back and forget shopping at the moment. I also paid my Smart cell phone bill and then rushed back to work.

I don't wear different hats for the different things that I do. I'd like to think I'm the same person every single moment of the day. I do a lot of things and though it requires a different approach, a different attitude, a different frame of mind, I'm still me and that's good.

Right now, the smile is still there but it has loss some of its brilliance. There's a lot to do but it is expected. I'm going to get through it. I guess I'm where you would say the middle of the uphill climb when the initial exuberance and excitement has left and you're beginning to slow down as you pace yourself, realising the effort it will take to reach the very top of the hill; but that's okay. Once I get my momentum, I'll keep going on and maybe find some extra strength to make a final burst, a last mad dash to the finish line. You know? I'm sure the view from the top is going to be exhilirating. I wait with bated breath.

(picture taken at the GMA NMI Christmas party December `05, Howard, Berna and I trying on different hats; and yes, it is a costume party!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home