ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, January 16, 2006

interesting times

Tori Amos from Tear in Your Hand (written by Tori Amos)
All the world is dangling for me, darling
You don't know the power that you have
With that tear in your hand

Sleep has done all to shits. I can't sleep anymore. And when I do, it's at the most inappropriate hours and I can't wake up on my own. That really sucks because I've decided to try and be a regular person and wake up early and start off the day early. Well, looks like it ain't going to happen anytime soon.

I did quite a lot of work yesterday except for a little mishap which caused me to be really late at the shoot for GroupeeTV. Thank God we had a problem with the set so we could only shoot 2 episodes of my segment and not the originally planned 3 segments. I would've died! I got there late but we managed to finish earlier than expected. Got home to have a fine bonding time with Datu and Kristi. Then it was off to work.

And a rather strange yet interesting call. It was a welcome distraction from the regular. The Chinese are known for a saying: May you live in interesting times. Of course, as I was told, that saying is more of a warning, a curse than it sounds. I am not Chinese, though, and so I can say happily I'm living in very interesting times.

A new dynamic that has entered my life as well is my Father having become my room mate. I wake up, and it's freezing cold because the aircon is on. I can't play my music too loud and I can't smoke in my room. I can't walk around naked in my room before I take a shower (sometimes I figure I need a cig before going in) and the shades are usually drawn so sunlight doesn't come in in the morning. It's making things difficult, as of the moment. Unlike my Mom, my Dad is more demanding than accommodating. I don't mind, I love my Father very much, but it just takes getting used to. After all, I did use to live alone for a whole year. It was tough enough moving back in with my brother and his family, much more to a room-mate like my Dad!

Sometimes, you really can't just simply "come back home," so to speak. Once you've left and made your own home somewhere else, you know what it's like being the master of the four walls, floor and roof in which you reside. In the past year, I've had to redefine my idea of the home. Before it was where I found my solace -- my private space. Then after a while, it was where I felt most comfortable then it became where my family is. But all those things don't see to hit the mark. It's something else now and I'm not sure if I can figure it out right away.

I've got too much to do anyway. I'll figure it out later.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, January 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My definition of home is a place where you are able to act freely and carry on with your eccentric ways without thinking twice. I did experience this when I had my first apartment in Toronto but I also felt like that in my last years in Bacolod and living in Urda with the Castillos. My home right now is an apartment with two cats and a husband, I dont feel the same as I did before, I think age and more responsibilites have caused the distortion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home