ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, January 19, 2006

lucky

Edgar Z. Friedenberg
In a world as empirical as ours, a youngester who does not know what he is good at will not know what he is good for.

Been busy as of late working on all the stuff I have to do. I'm so swamped with work but somehow, I seem to be managing. I've been sorta meeting my deadlines and been on the go with everything so.. so far, so good.

Had a conversation last night with a new friend. It still amazes me to realise that I am really, really lucky that I knew exactly what it is I wanted to do with my life since I was still 14. Everything since then has been geared up towards this. I was quickly able to realise what I was good at and what I loved doing so that I was pretty prepared to go ahead and do it, you know? Unlike some people who have to take a course they aren't that interested in all because they don't know what else is there to do? Some people want to be succesful, but they don't know at what. I made that decision really early at life. I even started working at 14, making my own money, writing for comics. And despite my weekly deadlines, along with my schoolwork, I was able to enjoy myself. In fact, instead of hating school for taking time away from my writing, I was using everything I learned at school to enhance my work. I made it go side-by-side.

So sure, I may never win games of chance. Never won a raffle, never seem to catch the promo or whatever. I don't always get a good hand in poker. But at 14 years old, I was struck by lucky lightning and am so much happier for it. Not much wasted time trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I went straight into preparing for it and now I'm doing it.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

Purpose-driven is my choice over come-what-may. Although I am at my come-what-may stage because I'm already comfy with my current purpose LOL! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home