ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, January 27, 2006

injured

Aldous Huxley
Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you.

Haven't been well, really. Had a very embarrassing fall at 4 in the morning walking home Tuesday morning (or was it Wednesday morning?). I walked all the way home from work at GMA to my condo in San Juan. I was wearing slippers (for some strange reason) and white pants and it had begun to rain and I was walking along E. Rodriguez when I had the most embarrassing slip. I had one arm all the way in the air while the other fell to the floor to try and balance me as my two legs were slipping in two different directions. It must have been funny to see. Of course, that's when two fully loaded jeeps pass by heading towards Cubao. There they were passing by, seeing me do an impression of a teepee. Of course, after I had picked myself up again, the road was empty again. They passed by just to see me fall. How wonderful! I had messed up my white pants where I banged my left knee and my toe got cut and was smeared with black gunk.

No, I haven't really been well so I've been staying home. Getting a lot of reading done, though. I started with The Supernaturalist which was lent to me by my Dad to help me get into the right head for one of the projects we're doing. That's pretty interesting. I also ended up watching the old horror film The Innocents with Deborah Kerr. What a wonderful film! I really miss the old black and white horror films. They don't make scary movies that scary anymore. It's a sad thing, really. They think big special effects will scare people. No it won't. Not at all. A lot of the scary parts in a movie is what you don't see. The new generation of horror film-makers don't get that. They think that it's the same as shock and surprise. I remember the original black and white Horror film The Haunting and that was really scary. No special effects. No scary creature running around. It was really terrifying. I wish they did more films like that. Where it scares you in the head not in the gut.

I'm feeling better now, at least, so maybe I can go back to normal mode some time soon. My Dad wants me to drive me for him to San Pablo Laguna on Sunday so I better get well and have all my wits about me because I've never really gone driving outside of the city limits. Highway driving scares me, still. But my Dad insists I can do it.

There's always an outside force pushing me forward. Sometimes it's my own 2 feet but other times, it's art or my father. But I'm moving forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home