ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, January 09, 2006

full of tomorrow

Wislawa Szymborska
Life is the only way
to get covered in leaves,
catch your breath on the sand,

rise on the wings;

to tell pain
from everything it's not
to seek the least of all possible mistakes,
and to keep on not knowing
something important.


Tomorrow I go back to work. Had a fantastic holiday. Work without pay. I'm scared how little the 15th will bring in terms of salary but then, that was my choice. I don't mind. I needed to get out for a while. I needed to remember what it was like to be me. I wanted to be free again, for a while and not have anything to think about that didn't... I don't know... feel forced to think about? Or maybe, just a moment to get out of a routine. It's good to feel free.

And then there is the endless amount of tomorrows that will follow -- the promise of new experiences, the promise of new trials, new challenges, new moments of pleasure and new moments of pain. Bring it on, I say. I'm ready.

Today, I went to zips class and tackled on some more fire moves and finally got my first real battle scar. Working on new moves, I started trying out using the chainsaw maneuvre and I got the chains tangled up and ended up burning myself in my right arm. It isn't as nasty now as it was 4 hours ago but I'm proud of it.

I've posted pictures of me fire-spinning in Boracay. Pictures taken by my teacher Paulino Servado. I'm pretty proud of these shots. I was in the zone. I didn't care about the audience. They didn't faze me. I just wanted to dance with fire all around me. I had a blast.

I still can't believe I was dancing with fire all around me on the first day of the New Year. I promise, more to come!

2 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger andrew dr!lon said...

cool! :D

 
At 5:12 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger travelkage said...

well done darling! happy 2006 to your fabulous self. drop by my area when you can... i want to show you my sparkly diva mouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home