ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Lost and Found

Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The artistic vocation is the only force capable of competing with the power of love; and the most mysterious of all to which one devotes one's entire life without expecting anything in return.

I've been out of commission. I slept at 11am this morning and woke up at dinner time. But I'm the happiest person in the world as of the moment. I woke up Saturday morning at 5:30am, woke my Father up and together got to the location of our shoot at 6:15am. We were going to shoot the short film Lost and Found. The short film is directed by my Dad with a script that I wrote. Out of the 7 storylines we have written together and the 4 full length films I had written for him; we finally got one project to its full realization. Lost and Found is a 30 - 40 minute short film with a cast of almost 35 characters and 8 major sets and we shot it all from 8am of Saturday and ended at 10:30am of Sunday. We shot for around 28 hours straight. The cast was amazing and the crew moreso. To say the least, editing this is going to be a whole load of fun.

Finally, there is going to be a film out there with my name on it. I worked on that film, that's my first film and it will be the one I will always treasure above all. Not just because it is my first, it's also because it was directed by one of the finest directors of the country, who also happens to be my Father whom I love working with and who takes every project as seriously as if it was his first and only project. He throws every inch of himself, every passionate note to his work be it a full-length film, a short film, a commercial, a theatrical production or a simple note to a friend for a birthday gift -- my Dad is a true artist throwing every part of his soul to anything that which he creates or forms together. And this was no different.

Our 35 actors are all students from the GMA Artist Center acting workshop and this film is their graduation exercise. This graduation exercise, the short film, is part of a trilogy of 3 short films (the other directed by Rahyan Carlos and Xoce Topacio) and will be featured sometime in March as one movie. The other two films will feature the other students from the workshops. Please watch out for it if you can. Everyone threw their heart and souls to this production and it's going to be great -- people giving off so much of themselves to make something worth watching and if I may say so myself, it is going to be something worth watching. It's going to be amazing!

I feel fulfilled! Like everything I have done was leading up to this. This. Somehow, a pronoun as simple as this completely encaptulates (sp?) everything that it is -- writing, making film, making art, making something that hopes to move people. The whole idea just brings me to my knees. I'm so thankful to the universe, to the Creator, to everything for making me a creative person. I love this. I love everything about it. This is what I've become, this is it, really. This is my calling.

How can anything compare? Now when I've finally begun to do that which I really love? I can't wait to work on the film on post and then to see the final product. Please watch out for it when you can. It's going to be a wonder.

2 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Jayce Cortez Jacinto said...

Forget the darn spelling!!!
(But if you're really asking, it's spelled with an "s")
...CONGRATULATIONS!!!
THIS...will now have a totally new, beautiful meaning for you.
I, most definitely, will be watching it and will be bringing my friends along.
CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!

 
At 6:08 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger travelkage said...

three things:
1. lovely news babe. am so happy for you.
2. i miss seeing you around the office.
3. have i mentioned that i miss your presence here?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home