ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, March 26, 2006

disconnected

Poe from Control (written by Darius Adkins, Poe and Toby Skard)
Why are you looking the other way
Why do you have your eyes closed
Why are you licking your lips
Because I was miserable

I went to a party where they actually brought sand from a white sand beach into the backyard and so it really had this beach/summer-y feel. We were invited as guests, me and my zipping friends, and we were asked to just zip for the fun of it. There was good music, the booze was flowing, there was sand beneath our feet and we were all told to dress our swankiest beach wear; so I was enjoying zipping away. I was in this half-pants/cut-offs type of things and a linen shirt (or was it cotton? I can never remember). I took off my slippers and began to zip. Migui eventually took out his pair of fire zips after we got a confirmation from the owner of the house that we can fire dance. So we did that too.

I had a grand time getting drunk and bonding with Lorraine, Migui, Tals and Kage, who arrived later. I got to see old friends -- Triccia and Aslie, Adrian and said hi to other good acquaintances. It was a great party, really.

Except when I returned to my zip bag where I had hidden my phone, my phone was gone. And guess what? Someone had opened Tals' bag and took her phone as well. That was shocking. That was absolutely shocking! No I don't have a phone. For the first time in my life, I lost a phone. It was careless of me to have just left it there but 1) I never thought someone would open a zip bag and 2) I didn't think anyone in that party would be the type. My carelessness, I guess. But it took me 6 years to finally lose my phone and it was fucked up anyway -- it would erase numbers on its own and stuff like that. I had been thinking about it for sometime now and now, I really do have reason to get a new phone. So I'm off shopping tomorrow for a new phone.

It's just the absolute hassle of losing all those numbers. I keep an excel file with people's phone numbers and I update it monthly or once every two months, that way, I'm never really lost without a phone -- but the truth of the matter is I haven't updated that phone list in, like, 7 months and the new numbers are my new contacts, my new network and my new clients. This sucks! That's a lot of phone numbers I have to get back, you know?

God! We really do end up putting our lives on our phones. It's hard to imagine getting in contact with anyone -- for business or pleasure without the phone. Unbelievable!

I went to Cat's house in Caliraya for the weekend, so I wasn't home and without a phone, it ended up becoming the perfect vacation. But that's a blog for tomorrow. I'm still in a lazy mood and I've got sun burn so I'm going to go to bed now. I just had to blog about this -- losing my phone in such a swanky setting. I'm finally starting to laugh about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home