ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Free Flow Go

Coco Chanel
Elegance is refusal.

Yesterday was just an absolutely wonderful day for me. I kinda woke up later than I wanted to. But it was okay, apparently, and I rushed to the Rockwell Vintage Bazaar to help out the Planetzips booth there. I was just zipping around near the booth to let people know exactly what zips were and to try to get them to want to buy one. A lot of the zips people were there so it was fun to just get to hang with them.

Later, we did a performance up on stage -- Cat, Lorraine, Kage, Tals, Paulino and I and a lot of people watched. That was kind of cool, except I kinda got my zips tangled while I was on the center, so that kinda sucked.

What was nice, though, was Berna and Anne showed up to do some shopping and they ended up buying me belated birthday presents -- those sweethearts! Anne got me a Team Manila t-shirt which I've always wanted. I think their designs are way cool. Berna got me slippers from Charcoal which are really nice and classy. Those 2 are horrendously sweet.

Afterwards, Kage, Lorraine and I rushed off to Ateneo to attend the Ateneo Grad Ball where we were going to be zipping away with the Hairy Dogs. The Hairy Dogs are these really, super-cool group of percussionists and drummers and they do this freestyle drumming thing and we were just zipping away to their beats. It was amazing. We kinda marched to the size of 2 basketball courts to the main dance floor and we just continued zipping away for about 15 minutes, though Kage said it was approximately about 7 minutes. I didn't care, I was having mucho-grande fun!

Our first set was at 7:30pm and our next set was at 10:30pm so Kage, Lorraine and I decided to step out first and get a drink to help pass the time and just talk. It was fun. We were laughing away and just enjoying each other's company greatly. It was a riot!

We got back and winded down a bit by reading. Then we jumped back into the dance floor to do about 15 minutes of straight zipping with the Hairy Dogs again and that was immensely fun. It was intense fast drum beats and I was really getting into it. It was a grand time for us. I wish I could get a photo of the performance from someone.

Afterwards, I went home to shower and change so that I could fly off to Bel-Air to meet up with Chinkee, Matt, Lelei and Marc at their house and catch up. I was the only one who made it, apparently, since no one else was there. Tita Offie and Tito Benny were still up so that was cool. I said hello and we talked a bit before they went to sleep and it was just Chinkee, Matt and I left. We just talked and Matt kept filling my glass with more rum cokes so I was a goner by 3am. I got home just to faint right in front of my bed, thankfully.

Fantastic day, really. Super-ultra-fantastic day.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Zane Ronquillo said...

Just a thought: Don't you think it would be nice to zip to (i don't know if that's a proper phrase, "zip to") music from the Blue Man Group?

La lang, naalala ko lang when you mentioned percussionists.

Have a great day, Wanggo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home