ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Job's Sad Song (borrowed from Joni Mitchell)

Joni Mitchell from The Sire of Sorrow (Job's Sad Song) (written by Joni Mitchell)
Let me speak, let me spit out my bitterness --
Born of grief and nights without sleep and festering flesh
Do you have eyes?
Do you see like mankind sees?
Why have you soured and curdled me?
Oh you tireless watcher! What have I done to you?
That you make everything I dread and everything I fear come true?

I noticed the animosity in my entry and I just had to get out. So after washing dishes, part of my job here at home while we are without help, I went out to Quezon City and had my hair braided. I can't stand having to pony-tail, pig-tail, clip or put a hair band my hair here at home just to keep it from my face. Yes, yes, I know, it's my fault for growing my hair but I've come to like it and it makes my Dad happy. It's just that, at times, it gets annoying when it gets to my face, you know? So for 2 and a half hours, the attendants pulled at my hair and braided it and voila! The second time for this year, and it won't be the last, I've got corn rows! I was just lying down there as they worked on my head. It was kind of nice to just be away and be attended on.

I also did some groceries today. There are a lot of stuff we are lacking at home and I went off to buy them. Fun, fun, fun. I agree with Datu -- shopping for groceries is therapeutic. You get to release a lot of steam when you're there, trying to figure out what the house needs and filling it up. It certainly solves a lot of problems, solving problems of the home. I bought eggs, sugar, creamer, butter, salt, cooking oil, raisins and oatmeal. I bought some more canned goods, just in case, and for the hell of it, bought St. Ives acne control face thingie for myself.

And, if ever I find myself in the grocery, I buy flowers because I think it really brightens the room and its nice to have flowers at home. It really brings out an atmosphere of home. Back when we were living in the house in Lee Street, mom always asked Yaya Ope (our cook) to buy flowers for the house and there was always a vases filled with flowers and it always kept the room looking nice and fresh. Today, I bought some nice yellow and purple flowers and I love how Baby's Breath always fill up the empty spaces. I'm glad I did it. I'm not in such a sour mood anymore.

3 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Cat Juan said...

hey you got them! they look great! :)

 
At 8:39 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Zane Ronquillo said...

wow! you look just grrrreat!

 
At 8:55 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger gabbers said...

oooooh corn rows

 

Post a Comment

<< Home